Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story as short as I can go- I met my best friend (E) about 5 years ago through her husband (F), who I knew 2 or 3 years before her. Their family and my family became rather inseperable- camping, a big vacation together, Holidays, bonfires. We were eachother's 'go to' folks- she watched my kids when I had to put my beloved dog down, I'm the one they call at midnight to sit with their kids if the hubby throws his back out and they need to go to the ER. She and I hang out and have a 'girls hang out night' at her house watching stupid shows once a week (well, we did, unitl recently).

E kicked F out about a month ago, though he put himself back in the house after about a week- comes to light she's been having an affair for 3-4 months with a mutual friend of theirs, who just got married last Oct (!). The kicker is F married he and his wife!
I had no idea, E mentioned him a lot, I sensed she had a crush on him, nothing more. E anf F had minor marital issues, but no deal breakers like abuse or drugs or alcohol or gambling or cheating.

So it's been a month of F freaking out, trying to win his wife back, E has been treating him like dirt and constantly running out with her lover. She seems to string F along when she senses she might lose him, I think due to finances, her lover has a reputation of breaking up marriages. He slept with his wife last weekend, E is still with him.

What a mess! F finally sat down with a lawyer today, plans to file for divorce by early next week, but will lose EVERYTHING he has worked so hard for to keep a house going while E stayed home with the kids.

I am so heartbroken- F is a good guy, E has lost her dang mind, leaving a decent man to chase a jerk. They have one child together, she has 2 from a previous marriage. She and I talk, but she doesn't really discuss this. F is frequently calling/at my house in tears, trying to figure this all out. I do my best to just listen out of loyalty to E, but in my heart, I wish I could tell him to RUN FROM HER as fast as he can (luckily, everyone else is telling him that, including her parents and my hubby!)

I do not know how I can keep a friendship with her after this...I do not fault her for leaving if she fell out of love with hubby, but I can't agree with her running around like some kind of loose woman, dragging her kids behind her, while F watches his family crumble. There are ways to end a marriage with some dignity intact, this isn't it.I am leaving it be for now, in case they work it out, but grieving the loss of a chosen extension of my family, watching F (who is like a brother to me) in horrific emotional pain, and watching a woman I love like a sister self-destruct.

I NEVER would have guessed her to do this in a 1000 years- yet here she is, running all over with a loser scumbag whenever she can get out of the house. Losing what was between our families as wholes, and possibly a best friend too.

Just needed to jot it down somewhere!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
it is a mess....friendships have been broken because of morality....God bless u and both families....( I ended a 5 year friendship because she slept with 2 different men on the same day and her daughter was home at the time)hugs

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'm so sorry you are hurting over this. I went through this with 2 separate friends while in my 30's. I feel for you! I know what a hard spot your in. I am no longer close friends with my 2 friends that did it. I couldnt take all the lies.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What a horrible situation to be in; but when you say about "friend" coming to her senses; does that mean going back wth him? Sounds to me like he deserves better!!!
As for your friend being a good guy; people always think grass is greener on the other side and IMO it rarely is.

Noticed after I posted that another poster is the one who said about her coming to her senses

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I feel bad for all involved..I'm so glad that my friend's are ALL family member's..I've been in this kind of situation many years ago but it was my best friend whom was after my husband and I didn't see it right away..After that happened I decided I didn't need so called friends..I don't trust anyone other than my family!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts