Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is so true and actually kind of alarming. I'm not an expert and I don't pretend to know anything about the economy, but isn't this a bad thing? I hope I can learn to be more frugal before things get bad...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm not sure if that's true around here ~ there ALWAYS people waiting outside the restaurants to get in and there are routinely fairly long waits. I guess it depends on where you live.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know here in my area the restaurants are always crowded especially on weekends. There is a restaurant row near me. 5 in a row and the parking lots are always full.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I work at a pizza place and I think that it has not slowed down but gotten busier. People are just putting the meal on their cards more. And the tips are not so large, but that could just be my drivers always complaining they don't make enough.LOL

Katy

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It doesn't surprise me,luxuries are the first thing people cut back on when things get tough..Thanks for the article!

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's not the gas that keeps me out of restaurants, its the restaurant prices and high sodium foods that keep me out.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Well not sure if its true, but I say SOMETHINGS got to give! With the high prices at the grocery store & gas pump, I'm looking for areas to cut back in. I'm really surprised by the number of people who still eat lunch out everyday.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Eating out is the recreational choice here in my town, it's the only thing to do on Friday night! I think there's been some cutting back because people have become more aware of where their food may be coming from too. At least if you cook it at home you know hopefully where your food has been grown and the conditions it was prepared under. We go out but only to certain places.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Yesterday we decided to order in. I was in SHOCK, the meal we usually order, was 50% more expensive than it was 6mo ago. (We don't order in often). I'm darn glad I make a mean pizza, and dh mans the bbq excellent as it fills in those rush daysas I'm not dumping 1/2 weeks grocery money on one meal.

·
Registered
616 Posts
We have cut down on restaurant, it just doesn't seem worth it. It is much cheaper to cook at home. When I am in the mood for fries I get out the deep fryer. It has been a great investment.

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
We get fast food or something "special" at the grocery store once a week...it's our "treat time". But, we raaaaaarely go to movies or anything else so it's moreso our "entertainment budget" (appx $10/week...not too much splurge, but enough to not feel deprived). :)

I think things are gonna go into crunch time with the economy...time to tighten our belts that much further!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts