Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suicide has struck my family again. My son-in-law Tony, took his own life on or about Feb. 28. His body was not found until March 3. He had been missing from home since Feb. 20. He had a history of mental illness. My daughter, Shannon is heartbroken. They had two young sons, ages 7 and 11, and many plans for the future together. The memorial service was yesterday. Seeing my grandsons grief-stricken and crying in their new navy blue suits was almost more than I could stand.

My brother, Mike also committed suicide 18 years ago. My oldest grandson is named for him. Shannon was ten when her Uncle Mike died, and they were very close. This is why she choose to name her son after him. Her husband's mother also committed suicide when Tony was a baby. Shannon is very worried about her boys since this seems to occur in both sides of their family tree.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:hugz: I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll remember all of you in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm so sorry Deb. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
27,948 Posts
I am so sorry Deb. I've lost my sister and mother to suicide so I know all the feelings that go with it. Big big hug. :hugz:
It's shouldn't be one of those things people don't talk about. This doesn't have to happen, there is help out there. My mother died when I was pregnant with my son so my kids didn't know her. They did however know my sister who died a few years ago. We talked about their worries and concerns and it's all out there to talk about anytime. No hiding or hush hush. Depression can be helped and futures brightened.

Wishing you and your family comfort, strength & memories of happier days of those you've lost.:heartsm:
Feel free to pm me if you want to chat.

Just went back and did a search for when my sister Noalle died. So many people in the Village, yourself included Deb, talked about loved ones they had lost to suicide. Big hug to all. You/We are not alone & this Village is a caring comforting bunch. :grouphug2:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
So sorry to hear this. (((HUGS))) to all concerned. I will say a prayer for you all.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Many prayers for you and your family :hugz:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for you and your family.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss in your family........ prays for your grandsons and your dd
Fern

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. :hugz: I'm holding you in my heart.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your kind words.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss in your family. :hugz: I will be praying for your family.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts