Summer Citrus Mugs, Glasses & Trivets Designs
by Vicki Blizzard
Mugs & Trivets
Pebeo Porcelaine 150 paint:
Marseille yellow #02
Saffron orange #03
Scarlet red #06
Peridot green #30
06 Anthracite black
1-inch flat paintbrush
Craft foam cut into 1/2-inch circle and glued to end of dowel
Small piece of sea sponge
White ceramic mugs
White ceramic tiles
INSTRUCTIONS -- MUGS
1. Wash and dry mugs. Wipe mugs with glass cleaner or alcohol to remove all oils from fingerprints.
2. Pour puddles of paint on a plastic or foam plate. Paint random-width stripes in alternating colors around outside of mug. Blend colors by dipping brush in gold and brushing over painted stripes. Paint handles with Marseille yellow. While paint is still wet, dip brush in gloss medium and paint over blended stripes to blend further. The stripes shouldn't look like definite stripes, rather they should be gently blended areas of color highlighted with gold. Paint handles with gloss medium.
3. When all paint is dry, randomly squiggle black outliner over mug, using photo as a guide or working in desired pattern.
4. Bake mugs in oven according to manufacturer's instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS -- TRIVETS:
1. Clean ceramic tiles as in step 1 of mugs; paint as follows:
Plaid -- Paint horizontal stripes of varying widths and colors. When paint is dry, paint stripes in the same manner in a vertical direction. When dry, accent several stripes with black outliner.
Polka Dots -- Dip foam circle into various colors of paint and stamp onto tile. Fill tile with color, as shown, or fill with dots as desired. When dry, outline several of the dots with black outliner.
Mottled Colors -- Dip sea sponge in water and squeeze out excess. Dip in desired colors and sponge diagonally across tile. Repeat until tile is covered as desired, rinsing sponge in between colors. When finished, rinse sponge and dab tile to blend. When dry, apply black outliner in diagonal lines in the opposite direction of paint.
Vibrant Stripes -- Paint diagonal stripes of varying widths and colors. Rinse brush and blend stripes as desired. When dry, apply black outliner in diagonal lines to accent.
2. Bake tiles in oven according to manufacturer's instructions.
Aren't these pretty!!