Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is anyone else DREADING the summer solstice (6/20) when the days stop getting longer and longer and we edge back towards winter?

I know this is a kind of pessimistic way to look at it, and there are several weeks of beautiful summer weather left (didn't it just begin?) but I am one of those folks who absolutely hates the winter and the dark days it brings. I LIVE for the winter solstice and knowing the days are going to start getting longer again.

On the bright side, you folks in the southern hemisphere can look forward to your days getting longer now!

·
27,948 Posts
I'm the opposite, lol. I love shorter days & cooler temps. :toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't really think about it until it happens. I like the longer days, but there are times that it being light out at 9pm just seems wrong. lol

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Well, I love Summer Sol-- big holiday for me :) Full moon on the 21st this year should make for wonderful festivities.

I don't look forward to the days getting shorter, though.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Sara Noel said:
I don't really think about it until it happens. I like the longer days, but there are times that it being light out at 9pm just seems wrong. lol
I agree.One night last week Katie was ready for bed at 8:30 I was like "But it's still daylight!!!" lol

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I love winter. On june 20 we'll have sunlight from about 7am - 5pm. We are having a farewell dinner for Kerry on that night, Shane is coming over for a roast pork dinner. I hope it's freezing and raining.

G

·
I'm one of those people who love summer, but to me I think of July and August as more summery months than June, so I think of the summer solstice as a way of entering into Summer proper...

And since I've been kind of studying Wicca on my own recently, I think it will be neat to do some inward reflecting on the solstice, as I plan on doing. This will be a first for me this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts