Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from dropping yds off at his bowling tourney. He will be gone til mid afternoon.
Later I am going to some friends whose ds is home for his 2 weeks r&r from the war so they are having a get together.
I will be home around 6 tonight. Yds and I will scrounge whatever for supper as we will both be eating while we are out.
Thats it from here

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Today, I've already washed, folded, hung and put away three loads of laundry. I have one load still in the washer, and one more waiting to go in. It's going pretty quickly, so it's not too bad.

The monkeys and I are making chocolate cookies and monkey bread mix (banana chocolate chip) later this afternoon. We also need to go to the library to return some movies and books and take out some new ones.

I'll be making a double batch of meatloaf and using half of it for dinner tonight and making meatballs out of the other half to use for a meat sauce for our pasta dinner on Tuesday. I still have cut up sausage that I froze last weekend to use in the sauce, so we'll be all set.

It's a productive day, but an easy one, as well. While I do all the chores, I plan to try to get some reading in, particularly while the cookies and bread are baking! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hopefully today will be productive. I dont get off to a rolling start on the weekends because I treasure my quiet weekend mornings after getting up early during the week.

So far I have clipped coupons, gotten some things ready to list on Freecycle and hopefully will have some more things to list.

I need to make a trip to Walmart for a set of double pointed knitting needles so it will not be a no spend day, but will be a minimum spent day

The rest of the day will be spent decluttering and organizing, mostly my yarn and knitting supply stash. I have way too much stuff in this house that I don't use.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Decided its a stay at home in jammies relax movie day. Perhaps laundry I want able to get to last night. Hopefully dad will give me a day off to myself?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Bought newspaper
Took walk
Still need to vacuum rugs
Take shower
Practice painting
Make a grocery list
It is a rainy day today so maybe I will even take a nap!!!
Hopefully it will be an easy uneventful day
Oh yea, need to play with kitty

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Put away dishes, browsed the net a little, 2 of the grandkids are here sledding, visited my nephew and now I'm back online.

The remainder of the day will be spent doing general cleaning and puttsing around on the puter.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Just spending the day being lazy. In my defense, I have done 2 loads of clothes. I started a jigsaw puzzle last night and finished it about 1/2 hour ago. I found it in the junk room yesterday and decided to work it so I can offload it. I'm going into town in a bit to pick up newspapers and a pizza for dinner. I need to make some chicken salad for lunch tomorrow and do some reading. Another reason I love Sunday, no pressure.

Cat:D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Today is a lazy day for me as well. Was planning on it being a jammie day, but I need to run to the grocery to pick up a few items I forgot for recipes I plan on making today and during the week. I made banana chocolate chip muffins, did a couple of loads of laundry and am almost done cleaning up the kitchen. I'm going to double check my recipes, and run to the store so I can get back. Man, it's 3:00 already, where did the day go!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I also had a lazy day
This morning i ran to cvs and got gas came home and curled up with my book. i also got two loads of laundry done and unloaded the dishwasher and loaded it again

·
Registered
629 Posts
My parents are here visiting this weekend, and my mom is AWESOME! She is a super organizer and personal motivator to whip my house into shape. So after allowing one (gasp) cup of coffee this morning, she made me start cleaning out my kitchen. And although I whined A LOT, it truthfully looks so amazing I can't believe it. The space in my cupboards, WOW! We threw out so much stuff.

Oldest dd has a 4H workshop for crocheting at 2:00, so I should be getting ready for that. I also just found out that my bottom oven isn't working, so I'll probably have to call a repairman for that nonsense. Great.

This evening will be spent just hanging out with my family and enjoying each other. Have a great day, and GO VIKINGS! :)

-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Another lazy day for us.

DH won money at poker last night, so he treated us to breakfast with some of the winnings. I spent the day cleaning the kitchen and scrubbed the stove. I swept the floor and put chicken in the oven to bake.

I have to head to the store in a while to get milk and bread for this week. We're really learning how to stretch what we have. I also need to do one load of laundry for DH for work tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts