Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to drive about 50 miles to visit his parents after they get home from church. We have to stop at the store for a couple of things, go look at some property in the next county over. My fiancee is also going to drive about 25 miles farther and take his dad to visit with one of his brothers. I'm going to stay and visit with his mom an discuss Bible prophecy.When we get home I will be going throuhg the newpapers and getting coupons and grocery list ready.

Cat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I may go out and take advantage of some weekly food sales today. Stock up on what's on sale...adding to my stockpile. Other than that I really have no plans besides some laundry and maybe some OMAC or baking. It's going to be a lazy, rainy day here!

ETA: May stop at the library and pick up some free entertainment as well...book, dvds...etc...

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think I may finally succumb to the family cold today. Up until now I've been in denial. I am hoping to feel better after a shower, but right now I'm achy and have a sore throat, stuffy nose, and a bit of a cough. I feel a bit weak too.

I had such big plans for the weekend too. I didn't do everything on yesterday's to do list, so I will be adding those unfinished items to today's list. I need to do laundry, dishes, clean/vac living room, sweep/mop kitchen floor, vac stairs (may have Dave do instead), and more decluttering.

I also want to continue knitting the new dishcloth I started yesterday. Dave is taking the kids out to buy a few things, and I'll have him stop at the bank to deposit the checks we were supposed to deposit yesterday.

I did pretty well at Ripstiking yesterday. It's harder than it looks. I am a bit sore on my right arm from holding onto him for balance. I was hoping to practice more today, but I don't thinK I'm leaving the house.

I also joined a new site http://smart.fm/home to learn Japanese. It's a really neat site that also teaches other languages as well. Dave has been using it for a while, and I'm amazed at all he has learned. He's just thrilled that I've decided to learn Japanese too. He works for a Japanese owned company, and he's thinking that learning their language will help him in the future. It may even keep him there if they ever need to do more layoffs. The only thing that scares me about all of it is that he has been talking about possibly moving there some day :skept: Oy.

Okay, I better get off of here and get in the :shower:. I have a lot to do, and I need to get moving, or it will never get done.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's cloudy and chilly here today. A good day to stay inside and bake.

So far I have:
-cooked enough pancakes for the kids for the week, need to bag them up and put them in the freezer
-coffee and fv

Plan to do today:
-bake a cake
-bake some bread
-leftovers for supper
-relax, catch up on my magazines

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Good morning,

I have already done two loads of laundry
unloaded dishwasher
planned dinner
What i have left to do
pay bills
do april budget
vacuum kitchen
This afternoon i would like to sit down and read

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I'm making my grocery list and clipping coupons for tomorrows trip to the store. Then tonight is family movie night, so we will all relax and watch a movie.

·
Registered
182 Posts
so far:

*computer time
*completed some laundry
*breakfast
*filed some paperwork

to do:

*finish laundry
*finish paperwork
*finish Easter cards
*dishes
*fill car up with gas (dh's idea, not mine. i planned on a "don't leave the house" weekend)
*declutter

·
Banned
952 Posts
Rest and get better Michelle

I just got done transplanting my tomato and basil seedlings into larger starter pots. And I started some petunias, snapdragon, and strawflowers It rained to much to rake down my garden beds so I can plant by the 31st. Hope I can get the peas in by then.
I'm getting ready to jump in the shower and then I need to do some whites and I'm going to thaw some chicken breasts for supper.
Check out the coupons in the sunday papers which I already went and bought. While I was there in the same shopping center I recycled all the old newspapers.
And then hopefully, I can hang out and catch a movie if theres anything good on. If not, I'll find something to get into. LOL

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Was up at 6am this morning. The sun is shining and it is about 34 degrees outside so not too cold. The weatherman is saying a blizzard is moving into the area tomorrow night so I am going to try to get as much done around here as I can .... if I can get off FV! :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not a lot going on around here this weekend.

I slept int thing morning way later than I should have. Getting up a 10 really makes the day fly by.

Have played on the computer a bit and updated quicken.
Getting ready to have left overs from last night for dinner.

I'll probably go visit my cousin and her new baby this afternoon for a while.

Then getting ready for work tomorrow and watch a little tv perhaps.

Oh and hopefully the church will have next weeks Sunday school lesson sent to me this afternoon so I can getting ready for next week. I can't wait I'm back to teaching Sundays School for the third and fourth graders for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Got dinner going in CP.
Dishes and tidied up.
Going in a bit to see FIL at nursing home.
Knitting.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
took hubby to airport this AM
went to church with the kids
fed them spegettios, and I have leftovers
now, watching the race!

planning on relaxing most of the day.....and not feeling guilty at all!!

·
19,119 Posts
Michelle - take care of yourself!!

Today's plans went out the window when DD reminded us last night that today was the Yacht Club's Chili Cook Off. We don't belong, but LYC has given her a perpetual scholarship of a goodly amount over the past four years. The president of the committee specifically asked us to come to present DD to those who don't know her. This woman has been so kind to DD - sending presents, writing notes - very lovely. So we need and want to go.

So instead of going to school and putting files into new filing cabinet - I'm going to work on our living room before we head into town.

Sew more lanyards
Leftovers for dinner
Soccer tournament planning
Change bedding
Laundry
Pay bills

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just home with the family today. I have a couple of orders to make and get ready to ship and one home decor project.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Up early here as thunder storm rolled in at 5am. Was fun to lay in bed and watch the lighting and listen to the thunder. We have needed rain so bad. Finally got up at 8:30.
Have hung out around the house all day doing dishes and cooking this and that.
Worked on quilt for an hour
Spent sometime on Classmates.com uploading some old school class pictures I came across. Did we really dress that way in the early 70's? OMG!
Heading over to other coast to do a job tonight. Thank goodness
so happy for the work. Will be dead tommorrow.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Dh & I went to an auction this morning. Now we're home and I'm finishing up the laundry.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It was a nice cool sunny day, after snow yesterday. Missouri weather. We went to early Mass, then went to the gym for swimming and weights. We went to my brother's house for lunch, as it was his birthday. I brought a fresh fruit plate. He had made hand cut chicken tenders which he grilled. It was all so good! We are relaxing and I am getting ready to do my Sunday home spa routine and do a manicure and pedicure. Maybe watch a movie. Hope you had a fine day!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
We had a lot of Missouri snow yesterday/last night. It was so wet and heavy that it broke tree limbs off and took out our electric power for several hours today. By the time we were out of church, tho, it had all melted. And now the river is flooded out...........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts