Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's a beautiful, hot day here on the Georgia coast. Temps expected to reach into the upper 90's, so I Will be wilting later. I might even get the vapors as my granny used to say, LOL.:drama:

Up at 6 this morning. Gotta get up early to feed and water the critters, pick the garden before it gets too hot. I've had two cups of coffee already so I'm perky enough to do anything.

I'm leaving in a few seconds to take a dinette table and chairs to my sister in law and bring back two nice metal lounge chairs w/cushions for our back porch. I'm washing and irioning all the table linens for the church, so I will finish those up when I get back and take them back to the church this afternoon at 2 when I go to help with a Sunday School party. Party should last a few hours and then I will come home and cook dinner and relax a bit, LOL. I'm laughing cause that probably won't happen. Oh well, I can dream can't I. :ponder:

So, what's going on in your neck of the woods today?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Caught a bad cold that's going around. Slept all day to try to get rid of it :(

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Today is dd's 7th birthday, she is playing with her presents. Later we are having a cookout for her. I need to:

Frost and decorate her cake
do one load of laundry
make a relish tray

I'm just so glad to be home! I love puttering around my own house!

It's going to be around 96 degrees and humid today, so the a/c is on and we will be hanging out inside!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Spent the first 2 hours of this morning from 8 til 10 pulling weeds and trimming in the yad. Did it while the sprinkler system was on so it was nice and cool. Now I'm waiting for a girlfriend to pick me up and we are going for a body wrap. Its seems like a big waste of money to me but she wants to do it so I'll let her buy.
Then when I get home this afternoon we're gonna have some folks over who want to see DH's plumeria collection.
This evening we're going to a open house party.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Today, I will be cleaning up the house a bit, and hanging out some laundry. Then, I need to vaccumn the pool, we are going to a graduation party, then my nieces birthday party around 4 pm. Have a great day all!!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
We are getting ready to head to the beach for a few days. DH has some CPE classes there next week and we are all going down for a small get-a-way.

Took the big dog to the vet this morning so he could get his yearly vaccines and then they will board him until we get back Thursday.

Dh and DS have gone to a baseball game and then they will go let DS have his batting practice for today. The new bat we ordered for DS came in Wednesday and he has not put it down since he got it.

Since we got him the bat, we asked DD what she wanted to make it even a new iPod or a new digital camera. She chose the camera so we are going to get that for her today.

Need to pack for our little get-a-way. I have not put the first thing in the suitcase.

DD needs to vacuum the pool and test the chemicals so it isn't green when we get home.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Not much going on here today. I'll spend most of my time studying for a test I have on Monday. Later on I'll watch baseball on tv for free entertainment.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Not doing much here. Probably just work around the house and maybe do a little sewing.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It is cool here today..only 65... a break from the high 80's earlier.
DS is not feeling well, so we aren't doing much.

I'm doing 2 loads of laundry.. I'll wait until it is 80 tomorrow for the rest of it so I can hang it outside.
pay bills
clean the clutter out of our kitchen.

Enjoy the day!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Oh, it's certainly not sunny here in Nova Scotia! The rain has been coming down in torrents. They're talking about a thunderstorm. Yay! :cloud9:

:smooch: messaged me before he left for work to tell me the apartment isn't in great shape. I think he's exhausted, because he didn't do anything around to help keep it clean. Which is fine, I haven't been putting much effort into it either. We're both exhausted, and I'm not sure how we'll handle it when we're back at school in the fall. I'm going to focus my time at home throughout the summer on simplifying our lives. I want the most dramatic thing we do at home at night to be, well... :hubba: ... lol What I mean is, I want our time at home to be relaxing, so I'm focusing on cleaning out clutter and junk that we no longer want or need and keeping the apartment clean and organized. That way, when we're up to our ears in school work, we're able to come home, cook dinner, spend about a nanosecond together and move onto the next day. Oh the next year is just going to be a blur.

So anyway, tonight I'm going to go home and throw something yummy into the crockpot for supper. I'll probably pull out a nice roast and do up a yummy stew-like meal. It'll take three or four hours on HIGH. Then I will spend the evening rotating between cleaning and decluttering. I don't want to throw out much of his stuff, because that's not fair. But I will get rid of a bunch of my stuff and hopefully he'll follow suit.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Started the day off by meeting DH at the minor med clinic. He tried to go to work, but his boss told him to go home. He called and asked me to meet him there and I of course agreed. He ended up having a contagious virus. It has went through everyone in the house. DS#2 had it an had to go the doctor and then DS#3 ended up with it and then they passed it to me and I of course wanted to share, so I gave it to DH. LOL!

The rest of the day has been finishing up homework for the week, laundry, and running to the store to get DH some soup and his meds.

Tomorrow will be better.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Wonderful day! I've missed a lot of break time working shifts alone, so today I got to go in to work 2 hours late! Almost felt like a holiday.

I worked on a quilt for my new bed for a while early afternoon. Four more little strips to sew and I'll have half the blocks finished. I just couldn't squeeze 5 or 10 more minutes out of the day before leaving for work to do it.

It feels like I am completely alone in the library. I may be, in fact. I know the ground and first floor are empty. Haven't checked the second floor. It's going to be a long six and a half hours before I go home. Fortunately, I have a good book with me and Frugal Village to surf.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
DD went to a zoo birthday party.
DS1 and DH went to Karate, DS2 and I went to watch.
the family minus DD then had lunch out. I wasn't all that impressed. Bland bland bland.
Dropped DS1 at FIL's
Came home, DH and DS2 napped whilst i puttered.
Woke up DH and DD was dropped off.
DH went off to work and I have been on a rampage looking for the stinking missing scrapbooking supplies i can't find to save my hind end.
Got dinner ready for the grill too.
That's it. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts