Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful Day here in Sunny Bradenton 75 and breezy

I have the whole house open and am baking up a storm.
Have 1 cherry pie, 1 black raspberry pie and 2 baked crust for lemon pie done.
Waiting for my lemon juice to thaw and crusts to cool. Have a banana bread in now. Landry tumbling away and waiting to be folded and put away.
Rug from bedroom out in the driveway drying after a good hosing earlier. Eww was it dirty.This afternoon I plan to spend in the garge sorting out the stuff from a house clean out on Friday. Already have 4 empty boxes lined up for sending off to some friends.:sly:

Will be a queit evneing here as DH has to work from midnight til 9am at an Applebees redoing some of the woodwork inside. He'll hit the rack around 8 pm and leave around 11:30. Lucky for us this one is close to home. Il'' go in the am and help him clean up.

Hope everyone eles is having a beauitful day.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
It's 40' outside here in Ohio.... a heat wave! It's supposed to get up to 46. Hopefully it will melt some of the ice from last night's ice storm.

A quiet day here, nothing much planned other than some cleaning and computer work. I want to figure out how to burn CD's on the new computer so that DH can take some to work, and I need to work (yet again) on figuring out the problem with Microsoft Money. (I KNOW we do not have a negative balance, and confirmed that with our paper statements, but Money insists that we do, and I can't figure out how to fix it. :mad:)

I also need to get the grocery list together for tommorow, cut/sort coupons, and do my weekly menu plan.

Have a great day, everyone!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Today it's 23 degrees with the windchill here. I am going to stay inside and clip coupons and organize my paper work. I might make chocolate pumpkin muffins later and a hamburger casserole for dinner. I plan on cleaning the bathroom and kitty litter and then vacuuming the rugs today. I'll probably clean the kitchen counters and sweep and mop in there too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am being very lazy so far today!
I have only:
~ made beds
~ cleaned toilets
~replaced shower curtians in Mbath
~ started laundry
~ gone through mail

I need to:
~ do 3 loads of laundry
~make a grocery list
~ grocery shop
~ put away vacation stuff

Have a great day all! Think spring! :cheer4:

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
It is 77 degrees out here, supposed to rain later on. DH quit smoking and boy is he miserable! I've been getting yelled at for everything for 4 days now! He has it is his head to go out for dinner, so I guess we'll be going out. I don't want to, but he doesn't seem to care!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Can you say snow? Lots of it too. 2 feet or so and counting. Dh just came in from 3 hours of snowblowing. We are not going anywhere. Just cooking and cleaning today. Laundry too. Have a good day

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Very sunny in east Texas but still 53º.

The dogs are outside and I washed the dishes,and I have been painting for Ebay this morning.

Now I am online and having coffee with my new Thermal Coffee pot my sisters got me for my birthday and gave to me yesterday.

I am so glad I didn't have to buy it myself! LOL!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Did my weekly deep cleaning of the entire house today instead of tomorrow as there are other things I need to do tomorrow.

Did all the wash, dried, ironed and put away.

Need to print out some resumes to send out tomorrow.

Just relax and enjoy the rest of the day.

Expecting snow & ice so not going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Baxjul You have my complete understanding!DH quit smoking right before Thanksgiving after 30 years at 2 packs a day. We went throught the yelling stage too but it will pass. Maybe not before you kill him or at least think about how long you can hold the pillow over his face before he stops moving. hahaha But it will get better. But watch out for the weight gain. DH was always slender 29 waist now he's up to a 31, oh boo hoo to him. So thats what you'll hear next. For warned is for armed. Also his smeller and taster will improve. Dh now tells me how good things smell and taste. So there is an up side besides longer life.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Laurie - LOL about holding the pillow over his face!!! That cracked me up! Thanks for the understanding!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Oh no! I just read "kitty litter" in Marie78's reply and realized I forgot to do that before I left for work. I am going to have some ticked off cats when I get home tonight! At least I remembered to top off the food bowls.

It nice out here today, probably in the upper 60's I would guess, but still pretty windy.

It's going to be a dead day in the library. There must be a big exam tomorrow because the students were lined up when we opened (unusual) and are all holed up in study rooms. I brought my laptop in. I got Electric Quilt 5 last summer, and still haven't had time to really learn it, though I've designed a few simple things. So I'm going to play with that while I'm sitting at the desk with nothing to do. Who says going to work can't be fun?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I've done absolutely nothing productive today....LOL! Took a shower, got dressed, sat on the couch with the remote and my Sunday paper. Read that for awhile, then started reading some magazines and then a book. Before I realized it, it was 3 p.m. Gotta love lazy Sundays :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hi All

Today is cold and breezy. I can only say that we didn't get the snow that was predicted. Today I got 3 mystery shops done and 2 Granola Studies. Just have to report everything which won't take long. I have gotten some scrapping done. Getting ready to make dinner. Tonight I will be relaxing and sewing.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I finally became an ebay seller :hurray:
So far I posted 1 item & have a few more to go.
Made some Blueberry bread
studied
Still have a bunch of coupons to clip, sort out & file.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
its snowing here, well it just stopped. i was having a nice housework productive day and had settled in to watch some cable that my sister taped for me and DH called and said he was in an accident and his car is drivable as long as you dont want to go straight or uphill ...sigh

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi all...

I did nothing ut cookies all day-had two orders to fill for Tuesday.
I am planning on watching the Oscars tonight-rooting for "The Departed"-absolutely loved it!!

Laurie-all of your pie baking is making me hungry!!

Baxjul-I quit smoking about 13 years ago-your DH will be glad he did! Wishing you lots of patience to help him through it!

Have a great evening all!

T

·
0 Posts
Today DH actually made me breakfast -scrambled eggs, toast, coffee - and we managed to be pretty late for church. After church we went to my aunt's house for a family birthday party - most of my family couldn't make it, so it was a pretty small affair - my son did a 5 alarm red alert cry for an hour so that made things really not fun, but he eventually calmed down. Ate too much, so we probably won't even bother with dinner. I'm exhausted, took a 2 hour nap and I'm still tired. DH is going through his paperwork and shredding old statements and stuff, catching up on bills.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Today was cold outside but partly sunny
Cleaned the house.
made a mayonaisse cake with peanutbutter frosting for my DS. ( Late birthday dinner )
Made lasagna for lunch.
4 loads of laundry
Now waiting for people to get here for a Cancer Benifit meeting,. ( I'm the co-cordinator )
Then hopefully bed before real late.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts