Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning! What is everyone up to today?

It is going to be in the 70's here all weekend! First time it has been 70 since early October.
Our family is going to work and play outside all weekend!

Enjoy your day!!! :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Morning! It looks wonderful outside and 0 chance of snow!!!

I have been accused of 'infecting' others. I have more people on the frugal bandwagon and I never tried to 'convert' anyone. DF is doing things on his own and when I ask him why... he says "it saves money" :cheer4: It works!!! Even DD mimics me, but when asked she's being 'frudal'

Things on my to-do list today is
shower, dress, caffinate
make the beds
do a load of laundry
clean kitchen
pick up my friend for the day
go to BJ's for membership
create BJ's pricebook
go to dollar tree (*)
go to dollar store
avoid smoking (day 2... :thud: )
crochet christmas things
get dinner ready
get the grill ready for the bbq
relax with DF on the porch bench under the stars

(*) DD was invited to a party for 2 brothers. So... my friend (her son was invited too) and I are going to go to the dollar store, buy 2 gift bags, 8 presents. 4 per bag and tadah, total for each child is only $2.50 (we will sign the cards with our kids names -joint gift- and if their mother snickers, we will be more than happy to FEED the playdoh to her... long story.... we hate the mother :lol: )

·
Registered
579 Posts
Today I plan on spending the day at church. My husband is converting to my religion and we have to spend 6 hrs with the pastor. It should be an interesting day.

When we get home we are going to till the garden. Time to plant spinach and beets. Yummy

My house is a mess and the rest of the weekend will have to to spent cleaning this place up. Sometimes I don't know where all my time goes. I worked alot this week so that meant alot of travel time.

You all have a great weekend!!!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Good morning. Going to do a load of laundry, then shower and dress. The babysitter is coming at 11:30 and dh and I are going on the bike to a biker party. Should get home after dinner. DD is staying overnight at a friends house, her mother will be picking her up here after work. Tomorrow, we have to go get plants for Earth Day, and dd has volunteered to pick up garbage around the neighborhood, so one of us will be going with her.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
aahhh today today

already:
walked at the park with dh
did some dishes
got his clothes out
fed him breakfast
watched a show together
had a pretty nice convo while we took our morning walk

i need to:
return some stuff to ikea
take gma to the cemetary
do more dishes
do a whole mess of laundry
have dinner ready by 5:45
game six tonight stars v. canucks
hit the hay earlier to get a better start tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's a gorgeous morning here too :sun:

Unfortunately, I have to work from noon to 4pm. Bummer. But while I'm at work, dh is taking the kids to spend the night at my parents house. You know what that means?? Child-free dinner, watching the race with no interruptions and sleeping in tomorrow morning :toothy:

I think dh is going to wash the van while I'm at work too....

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good morning! It looks like it will be a beautiful day here today. Suppose to be in the 70's.

I have already started working on my list of things to do today.

~Paid bills online
~Wrote DS#1 and mailed it
~Started tackling the laundry...two loads done and hung out to dry
~Showered and dressed
~Need to do some errands in town today
~Register online for summer classes
~ Nees to sweep and mop floors
~Need to clean bathrooms
~Need to find a new home for one of our miniature dachshunds (Eventhough we live out in the country where he can roam, he keeps chasing the cars that come flying down the road. I am afraid he will get hit. I want him a home where he is fenced in where he can't chase cars. Unfortunately, we have no fence to keep him in. Our other two never go near the road.....well, they hardly ever go out of the house except to potty. They would rather be indoors in the comforts of home. LOL!)
~DH has to umpire some baseball games today.
~DS#2 and DS# woke up early to help chalk the baseball fields for games today. Then they left there to go work with thier grandma at her place of employment for some extra cash.

I guess everyone here will be busy today.
I hope everyone has a great day!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Just getting started here:

1. Fixed breakfast.
2. Load of laundry in.
3. Clean bathrooms
4. Work on decluttering
5. Fix lunch and dinner.
6. Start a sewing project.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It is a beautiful day and I plan to spend it in the garden. It is time to get the tender plants either seeded or transplanted.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's a beautiful and sunny almost 70 degrees here today :). I am going to do a little cleaning:
Feed the cats
Make the bed
Clean the bathroom
Clean the kitchen/wash dishes
Vaccum/sweep
Dust furniture off
Clean the kitty litter
Make a grocery shopping list
Organize paperwork from pile on desk
Go for a nice long walk at the park :) this afternoon.
Make dinner (hamburger mac&cheese casserole)
Fill out more job applications
Windex mirrors and wipe clean with newspaper.
Later tonight watch a dvd and knit more of my scarf.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've been working inside this morning trying to get a little housework done.
This afternoon is going to be spent in the garden. I've got a flat of impatients
to get planted as well as 8 tomato plants, some pepper plants. I've also got several packs of herb seeds to get planted as well plus some zinnia seeds. Busy day around here. Hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful spring day.

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's beautiful outside today. I'm going to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Today I:
Went to work from 8-12
Had to run to the grocery store
Set out some laundry to dry
Make potato salad and dessert for a cookout
straighten up the kitchen
vacuum
Wake my dh up so we can go to a cookout.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hope you all enjoy your beautiful weather :). We are still in the 30's-40's {right now it's 46*} :( I'm MORE THAN READY for SUMMER :lol:
so far today I have...
a load of laundry going
took car of kitty
planned dinner {making dads favorite} :)
had coffee & breakfast
took meds
got clothes folded & put away
took a couple things out of freezer for dinner
signed all of Malycia's Disney books I'm sending {grandma is starting her library early}
waiting for a friend to contact us about coming over & picking up old computer
dad got 2 jobs, one will start next week working for our neighbor cleaning small engines & things. Then this fall when our local fair opens he will be working there for 2 weeks so I'm happy for him because being retired he still needs something to do to keep him busy plus he's been planning a few trips with the seniors at our local senoir center so the $$ will help him as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh, I love the weather now. It's amazing. Today we took the infant to the doctor-- I told myself no fast food but had to cave in because I had no food in my system and my husband had to go to work so drive-thru was the only time saving option.

I'm thinking of packing some sandwiches and taking the kids to the park.
:bfly:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
We are experiencing BEAUTIFUL weather here today! :smooch: and I went out for a stroll around our neighborhood this morning before I took him to work. We talked about the different things we'd like to do in our future, and we are seriously considering purchasing a house sooner, but we'll see how it goes. I would love to get all giddy and excited, but I'm trying very hard to stay realistic and remember that we can't just "buy a house" without putting lots of thought and study into it.

I finally got my old computer cleaned up. I'm planning to give it away to my grandmother when she and my aunt move up to the city from beautiful Cape Breton. I'll probably take it apart and set it somewhere for now, and put the computer tower in the livingroom, where we'll be using it for a television stand (though we never watch TV, so it's more of a television storage than anything :p ).

I purged my closet of clothes and am now hitting my dresser. This is going to be fun. :)

The Dump 'n' Run is on the 29th!!! Gotta make room for that. Every year at my local university, the students "dump" the items they're not taking with them when they "run" home for the summer. The student council collects all the items and sells them in a huge yard sale. Last year I got a popcorn popper for 75 cents, a clothes dry rack for $2.00, and a big bag of clothes for $5 (I ended up paying about 10 cents per item of clothes in the bag). :smooch: has already said he wants to come with me this time. Yay!!! I will need someone to carry all my goods! :D

Gonna do some more purging tonight, and get the apartment ready for... I don't know what. I just feel that I need to get things cleaned up and ready for something. A big move? A visit from someone? To get rid of clutter? Whatever it is, I am on a mission, and I'm gonna get it done!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Its beautiful weather here.
Today i got up and baked to cakes
Took shower and dressed
Went to a funeral for my BIL's mother
Now getting ready to head out to my sisters then
to a meeting for the cancer benefit I'm co sponsor for in Aug.
Back home and to bed.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Really haven't done a lot today. Did some clothes and hung them up. DD is with some friends until later today.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It's so nice out today and in the 70's here too!

I dont have much to do at home but DD and I have went o a flea market and I picked up 4 Christmas Gifts and a few things for my son to take with him to College.

Other than that, came home and did the usual things like straighten up the house, let the doggies out, throw trash away, etc...

Hope everyone had/has a wonderful Saturday! :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well it is already 7pm LOL. We have had a good day. I went yardsaling and to Walmart this morning. Then took it easy. Had leftovers for lunch. 5yr old DS had two back to back tee ball games. So we spent the afternoon at the ball field in the wind...my allergies are kicking. CAme home and finished a pair of crocheted shorts for an order. DH had a fire rescue call. I ran to the grocery store and just finished cooking dinner. DD 8 baked cookies all by herself. They just came out of the oven too. We are waiting for DD's friend to get here to eat supper. Tonight we are going to relax or go play cards with some friends.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
woke up to pain in my knees and right hip ugh, not a good way to wake up.
dd had to get pictures taken with her softball team, then we met the inlaws and visiting inlaws at busch gardens. we have season passes, so that part didn't cost us anything today. most expensive part was renting the scooter for me(see pain in knees) dh's uncle asked about the scooter, sil said there's nothing wrong with me i just like riding in it:grrr: :bang: i swear i just want to hit her sometimes. had to tell him no i have fibro and if i didn't scoot around today, i wouldn't be walking at all tomorrow. sorry about the small rant. had to get that off my chest.

anyway we had a good time. went on a water ride with dh's uncle, dh's cousin and my 2 kids. got soaked. but it was fun. got to ride in teh caboose of the train that goes around teh park because i had the scooter, kids thought that was neat.

now we are home and i think i'm going to bed when i'm done catching up here.
happy saturday to all.:dopey:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts