Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone is doing? How's your weather?

Here it's :sun: after a nice shower and 1/2 inch of moisture overnight. It's a little cool at 58 F. Supposed to be up to the mid to high 70's here.

Gripey and I are going to wedding and bbq afterwards this evening and I'm going to highlight a friend's hair after lunch. I hope to catch a few rays in the back yard this afternoon too. Just now I'm about to hop on my bike and go for a hard 30-45 minute ride for my morning workout. I'm a bit bored with the gazelle at the moment so I'm trying to find something else I can do that doesn't hurt my hip. The bike has been fun for the last couple of days. We don't have any holiday plans other than staying close to home b/c of work stuff. We hope to take our boat out next week for the first time of the summer...which I can't wait for. :D

What's going on at your place today? Any holiday weekend plans? Anyone have a big cookout or anything?

Happy Memorial Day FVers. :grouphug:

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Not much going on here. DD has a play date (see other post) this afternoon, that I'm NOT looking forward to.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We don't have any plans either. The weather has been miserable. We have had downpour after downpour. It is suppose to continue this way all weekend which doesn't allow us to do much outdoors. I need to do some housecleaning and make a run to the grocery store. Other than that, I just plan to relax.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
So far it's 58* with more clouds coming in:(
I'm spending the day on the computer checking out my boards & looking for trades.
I done my daily surveys
checked emails
cleaned computer
had breakfast
cleaned up after kitty who got sick all down the side of my chair :(
planned dinner
organized coupons
still need to study for tomorrows meeting & do daily reading

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It's beautiful here, sunny and in the mid to upper 70's. I have done some daily chores:
Made the bed
Loaded dishwasher and washed them
Fed/watered the cats
Cleaned the cat litter
Took out trash
Swept the kitchen, bathroom, and balcony
Picked up around the apartment
Sorted through/organized my purse and I have $1 and some change :)

I still need to:
Make a grocery shopping list for today
Do something fun outside (probably go for a walk)
Make dinner
Vacuum
Grocery shop
Watch a movie this evening

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's gorgeous weather here!! Which is why I only had to work an hour today. It was dead, everyone is outside enjoying the weather. After I got home, I went for my 3 mile walk, then did some toning. Now I'm about to get in the shower, then take the kids outside while I load the van up. We're going to the drive in tonight :)

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
It is somewhere between the high 80s and low 90s here today and again, no sign of rain. We have had less than a half of inch of rain here for the entire month of may.

Today Chris and I had to get the pool water checked and buy some more chemicals.

Go by my mom's to get some of Ali's clothes for church.

Clean up the backyard, work on the pool, add some water to the pool and water the grass.

Take the kids to their grandmas to spend the night.

Grab a dozen Krispy Kremes(my favorite snack), get a room at my favorite local hotel, order up some dinner and enjoy a night away from reality.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Beautiful weather here...in the 80's. Had a good day:

got upon roof with caulking gun & roof tar & patched caulking& flashing damaged by the last big snow storm we had where all the snow and ice slid off the metal roof & caused damage ( and I fixed it all by myself!!)

also got up on garage roof & patched with the same stuff loose shingle from the big storm we had here last month

did laundry & hung on deck on rack to dry...which took only a few hours

managed to sit out side and read & get some sun

Plan to take it easy rest of the weekend, maybe meet mom for lunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts