Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, it's over. Many thanks for all the kind wishes you've sent my way.
The surgery was done in a regular operating room so I had the gown, cap and everything. Local anesthesia meant I was awake the whole time and it was kind of neat/weird to be able to see & hear everything that goes on. ZZ top and other lively music on the speakers, bone drillers, beeps, grinders.. all kinds of fun stuff. I could have watched or had a drape across if wanted, I chose to look at the ceiling and off to the sides,lol. I did catch a couple peeks at my toe though. I never realized how much the docs nurses have to push/pull on you as they work, I had no pain but lots of pressure as they did things. No wonder you sometimes feel like you were put through the wringer when you get out of surgery, they sometimes do have to maneuver you around. Weird too was the tourniquet they needed to use. When they deflated it the pins and needles feeling was something else.
Funny thing was the doc bringing up the topic of using gift cards and he, nurses & I talking about various pros/cons of buying & using them. That was the first topic as he was starting the operation, lol.

Doing OK, was awake a lot last night trying to find a happy spot and finally hit on being on my back, light blanket and foot raised on pillow. Doing ok too alternating percocet with ibuprofen for the pain. Need to keep it elevated and post op check on Friday. I have a cute black "boot" to wear and when I do need to walk & I have to waddle taking baby steps keeping my feet colse together.
So far so good, glad it's done. here's a pic of my new addition, I call it my little alien because of the antenna look it's got going on, lol. :D

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Glad the surgery went well. Wishing you a fast recovery.

Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
so glad it went well. her'es wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Glad all went well. Hope you feel better soon, and all heals quickly.

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for posting so quickly - have been thinking of you!! nice alien!! Take care and don't push too fast of too far!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Darlene - glad yer over and done with the surgery! Come over so I can wait on you hand and foot :lol: Between caring for my dad non stop and now caring for DF who had surgery on his ankle last Thursday (shattered in 3 diff spots) - one more person wont hurt. :)

Sending plenty of positive :vibes: your way for several pain free hours til youre done healing!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
glad everything went well for you. hope you have a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
So glad to hear everything went well Darlene! I hope you have a quick recovery! :)

·
2,688 Posts
Good to hear your surgery went well :)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Glad you're out of there and OK.

Take it easy, Darlene.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Darlene.

Raising a cup of Hot Yorkshire tea to your good health:)

( note the new pic, I had dh change the previous one, this is what my 52 year old self looks like in an un-retouched photo, taken just 2 months ago!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.