Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas??

I'm already making sure there are tons of family and friends attending. I also would like to make a speech as well but hope I don't cry during it! Any tips for public speaking??
Any ideas appreciated!! I'm so proud of my mam!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Tips for public speach... PRACTICE! That is the only way I know :D

*What about displaying lots of pictures from throughout her life? You can collect them from her house (tricky) as well as friends and family.

* Ask friends and family to write a memory they have shared with her and give them to her in a decorative box. Mention this in the invitation, then have paper and pens availablefor those who didn't or forgot.

*Are there any old friends that she has lost contact with? Could you find them?

Good luck I hope it goes GREAT! Please update us after you have it :angel:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh great ideas!!
I've started practicing the speech. Did MUCH better today! The memory box and the pics are great ideas as well. Oh I'm so excited! She's one of THOSE moms who gives more than she gets and always makes the sacrifice so WE could have a nice life growing up. I know she'll remember this forever!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Heather, I have no ideas to add, but it's such a nice thing you're doing. I know your mom will *Love* this and remember it forever.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
We did my Mom's 60th at a restaraunt last year-very pricey, but since it was November and my house is small had to be done. I did the invitations on the computer on a plain white foldover note, on the front I put a tiny black and white of her in a bathing beuty type pose at 6 years old, I bought the little black photo corners and it was so easy--cost for 35 invitations was about $15.
We made a cd of all of her favorite songs from over the years-from 50s girl groups to today and made the cover of the cd a collage of pics of mom from baby to one with the grandkids, wedding, college etc.-a copy of this c.d. was everyones party favor. Centerpieces were a herb plant with copies of the black and white photos on sticks coming out. I tried to put photos of mom with the people invited in the area where they were sitting.
Hope this gives you some ideas. I wish we could have done it at home so I could have done it bigger, I had to keep it to her closest friends and cousins because of the cost and the fact that the place was small. Good luck, I'm sure this will go great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts