Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! :)

I have a Compaq Presario X1000 notebook, Windows XP which has BIG problems. It is very slow starting up then the desktop icons are not clickable & sometimes the screen is black & they appear slowly.

I've gotten many errors but after turning it on the other day I got this one

SVCHOST.EXE Application Error

The instruction at "0x7502137a" referenced memory at "0x7502137a". The memory could not be "written".

Click OK to terminate the program

Since I'm not sure what to do I didn't click anything yet! Last time I got this type of error I did click OK but it was for "0x75292b0" I wrote it down rather quickly so it may not be correct but an error something like that & I clicked OK & then that didn't help @ all! Maybe I terminated something my PC needed w/o realizing.

I also get this Error:1, -1, Error when socket. & just click OK to close the box.

I've also gotten the Externe Excephin C0000006 when I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot.....thinking maybe this is why it's sooo slow starting up.

I've been getting the AURORA pop-ups which are very annoying & the gambling pop-ups too!

I tried installing Norton Systemworks 2006 & it still doesn't work.

I'm using the library computer right now.

Hopefully someone here can HELP me fix my PC Please! :)

TIA! :thanx:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Andrea, I find I get my best info about computer errors by cutting and pasting the error message (or writing it down and typing) into Google search and putting quotations around it. I have been able to fix several things on my computers this way.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts