Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the thread for the dishcloth swap!

Here's how it'll work.
1. Post here your intention to join in!

2. PM me your address - I will not put you on the list until I have your mailing information!!!

3. on March 1, I'll publish the paired list in the thread. I will also PM each individual with their partner's mailing information. You can contact your swap partner for color and pattern ideas (or agree to surprise each other :)).

4. For those of you who have been knitting awhile, I encourage you to use up some of that stash cotton!

5. March 1 will be the last chance to put your name on the list, so let me know before the end of the month!

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
19,119 Posts
Sounds like fun - count me in!!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Yes, we knitters are being a bit ego-centric. I'd also be happy with a sewn or loomed dishcloth (or coaster). I guess we should call it "needlework dishcloths" to cover the full and rich diversity within this group! :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
If there are not a huge number of people on the list (i.e, less than a dozen), are we going to send a dishcloth to EACH person, or just to one? I personally don't mind sending one to each, since dishcloths are easy, but don't know how everyone else feels about it.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to insist that it be knitted, vs. any of the other ways one could make a dishcloth. :) I got a sewn potholder from MauiMagic, a few years back, and I'm thrilled with it! So, I personally encourage all art forms to step forward! :D

·
19,119 Posts
Works for me - I'm into abundance in my simple life!!

Reactions: Shelli_wnj

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd prefer dishcloths, we don't use the coasters we already have lol.

I don't mean to be snobby, but could I be paired with a knitter? I just like the look of knitted items better.

·
19,119 Posts
Personally, I think this is going to be one of the most interesting exchanges ever!! Kmonokwe - mahalo for setting this up!!

Reactions: kmonokwe

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! Ok -

Yes, crochet is totally welcome! I like the idea of welcoming anything, but I think it would be nice to know what we're getting (ala AP), so why don't we stick with knitting/crochet for this particular swap. Is everyone ok with that?

I'll keep track of who's knitting and who's crocheting, and if you have a preference for what you receive, just let me know and I'll make it happen!

For now, lets plan on each participant making one or two cloths for one other participant. Once we get our partners, you're welcome to chat with them about whether they'd mind getting coasters instead - no one's going to check up and reprimand you for straying from the guidelines :) The goal is to create wonderful goodies and share!

We can definitely keep the conversation open for suggestions, there might be opportunity for some of us to do a little more! :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I'm in and it doesn't matter to me how it is run/set up ect. I am open to anything. :D

·
19,119 Posts
CC - kindness is our middle name - and we also have a heck of a lot of fun!!

·
19,119 Posts
What time frame are we working with?

Reactions: kmonokwe
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.