Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taco Casserole

Recipe Description
This is an easy recipe that I've been making for years. I fix it at home or take it to family and church events. Our pastor loves this dish.​
Preparation Steps:
You will need a skillet to fry the hamburger in, a pot to boil your pasta in and a baking dish to bake it all in.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
45 minutes​
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
Kraft or Generic Family Mac and cheese dinner
Whole jar of salsa
1/2 cup French onion dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1 bag of shreded Mexican cheese or if you prefer shredded American cheese​
Serves:
8​
Directions:
First crumble and fry your hamburger. While its cooking make the macaroni dinner according to package directions. After the hamburger is fried add the package of taco seasoning to it. After the macaroni dinner is done add the French onion dip and the sour cream.

Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish. Pour the hamburger mixture on top of that layering it. Then pour the jar of salsa over the top of the hamburger. Cover with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until heated good through and through and the cheese has melted.

*You can make this a day ahead of time, cover and refrigerate and then pop in the oven and heat through and through. I do this all the time for church dinners. I'm not sure if this would freeze well or not as I've never tried it.​

1 - 1 of 1 Posts