Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Congrats!! Need to find out what that is - never know when one of mine might need one too - mahalo!!

·
2,688 Posts
Okay, I am a wee confused.
Can you explain what this product does ?
( my children are grown ups )

I do understand it's a leap frog reading item :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You get the tag reading pen and books you then set up an account online and download the books onto the pen. So when she touches the pen to the book it reads the word for her. It even has options to sound out the word or the letters in the words. She has even started reading along with it. I hope that explains it sort of.

·
8,714 Posts
~I considered buying this or some other electronic reading system to use with ds but I couldn't find one that enunciated perfectly. Leapfrog products are the best of the crop but my speech delayed son needed to see my lips to "hear" the difference between b's. p's and d's, or between th and f.
Some of the educational game systems are so bad with pronunciation that my kids say nonsense words when trying to tell me about them. One game says "Sorry Earthling" and because of the repetitive nature of the games and sounds I still haven't been able to convince them that it isn't really saying "Sorry Airplane". :sigh:
But the reading tools are awesome for kids who aren't having speech issues!~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.