Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the middle of making dinner, and I start to make up a batch of Koolaid... ok its not really koolaid, because koolaid is 5/$1 and I can get the Wyler's version 10/$1 but i still call it koolaid :).. and I start wondering if there were things that fellow FV-er drank besides than KoolAid.

DH doesnt drink koolaid so he mostly has milk with dinner.
What do yall drink? Or any suggestions for a frugal beverage?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Well, I drink water almost all the time. Occasionally, I have orange juice or lemonade. I don't do caffeine. When we have dinner, all four of us drink water.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
My family likes water too! I personally like diet pepsi :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
For dinner, we have decaf iced tea to drink. I drink a lot of water through out the day. We were soda free, but then my dh got back into the soda habit so I buy one 12-pack of Wal-Mart brand diet soda each shopping trip for him.

·
27,948 Posts
I love making sun tea. :) Almost that time of year. :yippee:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I like water, and unsweet tea lately (I know, so UN-southern but it's actually more refreshing that way), Crystal Light and when I'm really being extravagant (LOL) I mix 1/2 Diet Sprite or 7UP and 1/2 of some juice - cranberry usually.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Coffee, water, sometimes homemade sweet tea (in the summer months).

·
Registered
674 Posts
We drink water with our dinner. We filter our water using an attachment on our sink. We keep a glass pitcher full of water in our fridge all of the time. The water is cold and delicious.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
We drink a lot of water around our place. Occassionally :smooch: likes some OJ, and I will treat myself to a Diet Coke or Muggs Root Beer.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
We drink alot of water through out the day, we also keep on hand juice, koolaid, also lemonade and iced tea in the warmer months. Occassionally I will get some soda for a special treat.

·
Registered
300 Posts
With lunch I have a diet dr. pepper and with dinner I have a glass of iced tea :) The kiddos have lemonade at lunch and tea at dinner. I get the Country Time Lemonade mix from Sam's club and it is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Nothing with sugar around here. We have unsweet tea, crystal light type mixes (sugar free and in the individual serving size, store brand), water and diet sodas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Theres a little blood in my Diet mountain Dew system…

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Milk at dinner. Water, homemade ice tea, and yes diet pepsi.

I have my neices and nephews during the summer and just bought some kool aid last night. Has anyone tried to make kool aid with artificial sweetners? How did it work out.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
We drink water (juice for the kids and some Pepsi for me) and in the summer a lot of lemonade.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Milk at dinner. Water, homemade ice tea, and yes diet pepsi.

I have my neices and nephews during the summer and just bought some kool aid last night. Has anyone tried to make kool aid with artificial sweetners? How did it work out.
I've made it with Splenda and it turned out fine. I'm not a big fan of the other artificial sweeteners.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I mostly drink water. Hubby drinks alot of frozen juice (its so much cheaper than buying cases of soda that he likes to drink). Lately I have also been making pitchers of tropical ice tea and snipping fresh mint from the garden and flavoring the tea with it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
we drink lots of water and youngest son drinks lots of milk too. Mostlt orange juice slushies, etc all summer.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Brewed iced tea gets my vote for most frugal. I use 3-4 tea bags for a large dutch oven, then dilute it enough to make 2 gallons of tea, 1 sweet and 1 unsweet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts