Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty excited here! I've yet to walk into a target, but I've seen and heard many things. I also haven't visited a Zellers in a while.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love Target. They bend over backwards with customer service.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Well I was in a Target on a recent trip to Minot, ND...and didn't buy a thing. It was just like Zellers and Walmart to me. Hmm...I don't think I will miss not having one. Now Lowe's...I am happy to say is in our community. But not with the selection they have in the US...unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Are they like Walmart? I have not been in a Target store before and was curious about the differences between the two.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I always thought they were a step higher in quality than Wal-mart, K-mart, Kohl's. Guess it just depends on what you are looking for. Rarely go into the stores since there is not very much I need right now.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Are they like Walmart? I have not been in a Target store before and was curious about the differences between the two.
I think of Target as like a Zellers/WalMart style store but much brighter & cleaner and a step up in terms of quality for merchandise. Its like shopping at The Bay but with everyday household stuff you'd find at Zellers/WalMart.

I recently went to visit a 'liquidation' location thats closing soon...they just started the liquidation and well, its not really that much of a bargain - yet. I know Zellers had slightly higher pricing for everything vs grocery store sales and WM however they did slap up random signs to show liquidation attempts.

Example:
10% ALL cleaning supplies
20% all stationary items

I guess it depends on what you need/want and I'm sure as we get closer to the actual closing date, it will become more and more chaotic. I know the customer service departments have closed in the liquidation locations and all sales are final as well as those stores not participating in the weekly circulars/sales.

And I noticed that Zellers did sell all their pharmacy clients to Loblaw's (and family of stores) when I was told they were not.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:bump:

Anyone been able to check out a Target near them yet? I know they haven't done their 'Grand Opening' yet but thats due in 'April'. All the locations that are open now are on 'soft opening' to ensure everyone is trained etc.

I've been to our closest location and its not bad. Very similar to the US ones minus all the awesome stuff that I cross the border to buy - but thats to be expected b/c of Canadian laws...something about having to have a certain percentage of Canadian items/use Canadian suppliers.

There's no cafe at the front - hot dog, popcorn, fountain drinks but instead a Starbuck's.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
This is an old thread, but Target has been here over a year now. I've been in it exactly once. I was not overly impressed. Too much the same as the other big box stores. I am such a weird size now I have to shop specialty shops for clothes or the thrift stores and remake the clothes to fit me. Bah humbug! :(

The store I have been in here that is American that I really like is Marshall's. The scarves are to die for! But my oh my...over $100 for a scarf? Sigh...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts