Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just had a new Target open up here ( well, in the town 20 mins away lol). Let me say that I do NOT like Target. I judge a store by what kind of Plus size section they have for women, because I am one. The nearest Target ( at the time), which was 45 mins away, had 3 lousy round racks of clothes for fat girls. That was it! SO, needless to say, that was the first and last time I have been in a Target. They apparently have no need for us fat girl's money, so be it. That said, I would like to know what the grocery section is like in a regular Target ( I don't even know if they have something like super Targets or not LOL). The new one here sent out a flyer with a $5 off/ $25 order in the grocery section. Plus, inside the flyer was more cents off coupons for some products.
I was planning on doing a "one time" run to there and maybe get some deals on some things, since it's their Grand Opening and there might be some good deals on things.
Do they take manufacturers coupons? Do they double? Will they take multiples? ( a coupon for each item even tho they're the same item)

TIA!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My experiences: both of our stores are SuperTargets, which it sounds like the new one by you may be also. They will combine Target and Manufacturers coupon. They do not double. Taking multiples can vary by store. I've never had a problem with it, but some have, so YMMV. You can print coupons from their website here: http://http://sites.target.com/site/en/supertarget/page.jsp?title=coupons_specials&ref=nav_footer_coupons

Also, I am plus sized girl, too. The Target inventory varies greatly from time to time in the amount of clothing they have in my size. Right now they have some cute maxi dresses and stuff, so you might want to give them a chance again.

Reactions: thefrug

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I suggest speaking with the Store Manager. It's a new store so it may take time to see what the shopping habits of the town is, then they will probably order accordingly. Tell the manager your beef and ask if this is a permanent thing,or can the buyer please get more plus size clothes in. If not there are other stores, WM, that will and unless Target gets more in you will not be shopping there. I don't have a Target near me but when I lived in Indy, I loved their deals.

Cat

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I'd give Target another try. Stores stock for the majority of it's shoppers. It doesn't mean they are discriminating, they are just doing smart business on their part.

I'm diabetic, and my ShopRite has hardly any sugar free food. I don't think that they are saying they don't want the money of diabetics, simply that there are less of us that shop there than there are people who can have sugar in their diet.

I have always found Target to have great deals in every section of the store. Our Target isn't that nearby, so it makes more sense for me to do our shopping at ShopRite, but when we're at Target for other shopping, I'm usually picking up a few grocery items because the prices are so good.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Another thing I just thought of...when Target first came to our area I remember lots of people talking about them not having Blue Plate Mayo, which is like THE mayo here. There was an adjustment period when they had to learn what this area liked. So like the PP said, if you want it, find the manager and ask for it. :tay:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I like buying groceries at my Target (small grocery section) because they accept manufacturer's coupons AND store coupons. You can stack them (use 1 of each) per product. Plus they accept printable coupons, and my grocery store doesn't.

I love Target :heartsm:

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Most Targets have an okay grocery section, whereas a SuperTarget has a much better selection. They regularly have store coupons in the coupon fliers as well as on their website that can be combined with a manufacturer coupon as well.

While you are in, swing over to the plus size section. See if this store has a better selection. The one I was just in seems to have a wide variety, as far as I could tell when I meandered by to the maternity department.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When our Target opened, we got a coupon like that too. I also figured out pretty quickly that they were anxious to introduce us to their house brands. It happened that week that they had a coupon for $1 one of their brand pasta sauce. Because of the grand opening, it was free with coupon. Even if yo don't often go there, this might be the week...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I find that the plus section is slim pickin's and IMO even some of the prices on clearance are high. Food-wise, I don't see that many deals to make an extra trip out/stop along the way.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I get some of my greatest deals at our (reg) Target. I love it when they have their GC incentives too. Here's a couple of additional links to the one posted above that you might find useful. Look around the sites, because at the ATS site, they do the coupon/sale match-ups for you. I signed up for their email alerts, and they help out alot. :tay:

http://attentiontargetshoppers.blogspot.com/2009/07/coupons-in-my-email.html

http://www.afullcup.com/target-coupon-generator

you might need to join the above site to get these coupons. not positive though.

Hope you get some good deals and have fun!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Someone posted about a super target......didn't even know there was such a thing.

I don't shop at my Target that often, not that impressed with the prices. We have a Shopko that will beat the prices on their 'house type' items. (sheets, towels, etc.) Sometimes their CD prices are good.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Our target is geared for younger thin people too. WE have meijers and they have better big clothes. Kmart and the like seem to be getting out of wm clothes.
I have found great orange tag food at the reg. Target but I don't shop there much. But truth be told I don't shop at stores much anymore.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I have always found Target so expensive but since they do very well on coupons I will have to stock up next time I go to the city. :) Thanks for the info everyone!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Target grocery prices are outrageous. The produce department is over priced and many fruits and veggies are old, shriveled, and disgusting. I checked out the Super Target that opened recently and found nothing had changed.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx all. I was just figuring on maybe doing a one time hit since this is their grand opening and the coupons and the $5 gift card.
I have to say that I really only buy my "underthings" new. Also shoes and boots. Everything else I buy at the thrifts stores. I can get really nice stuff for the fraction of the cost, so why wouldn't I? ya know?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I think the Target grocery prices are very competitive. I've never seen fresh fruit or veggies at my target. Even when the prices aren't on sale, the prices are fair. It seems every time I go, the prices get a little lower. This week was the first time that I found milk for $1.59.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
target doesn't get my money.
this plus size gal takes her money to lane bryant and walmart.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was not a happy shopper when I went. everything that was in the coupon advertisement was out of stock. some little fella was walking around who worked there and asked me if he could help me. well, that was a mistake. when you ask me something, I'll tell ya straight up what is what. so, I told him, "yea. you can stock the shelves". He said that they would be stocked tomorrow! I said, but thats NOT the way to do business. I told him that there should have been employees in there either late last night or very early that morning before they opened up ,stocking the shelves that were empty. LOL he didn't want to hear that! LMAO. The little girl at the checkout asked me if everything was ok and I told her No. Nothing was stocked. and I told her the same thing I told the fella. LOL
They all look like deer in headlights LOL
hey, if you don't want to know, then don't ask ME, cuz I'll tell ya LMAO!
I won't be going back. I'll stay with Kmart and Walmart and my grocery store thank you very much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts