Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tater Tot Casserole

Recipe Description
a yummy casserole made with beef, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and tots.​
Preparation Steps:
other then browning the beef and draining the green beans the prep time is short.​
Level of Difficulty:
easy​
Time Needed:
30-45 min.​
Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
1 drained can of green beans
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 package of tater tots
salt/pepper to taste​
Serves:
4​
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375F. Brown your hamburger and drain the grease. Return the the beef to the pan on med. heat and mix into it the cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup, the drained can of green beans, 1/2 Cup of milk, and salt/pepper to taste. Stir until it's mixed well and put mixture into casserole dish. Cover the top with a layer of tater tots and bake in the oven for 30min or until the tots are golden brown.​

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This sounds really good and I have a stockpile of tater tots from the last sale. What a great way to use some of it!

Theresa :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I love Tater Tot Casserole!!!

However, I have the only three children in the world who don't like tater tots! :(

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I love Tater Tot Casserole!!!

However, I have the only three children in the world who don't like tater tots! :(

I have one who hates tater tots too.

We make our Tater Tot Casserole a little different. We use cheese and no green beans or milk.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got this recipe from the Duggar's website after seeing them make it on their show.

Tater tot casserole:

2lbs ground beef, browned, drained and put into bottom of a 13x9x2 pan
1 bag tater tots spread over the hamburger

mix 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can evaporated milk together and pour over tater tots and hamburger

bake at 350 for 1 hour

I serve it with a veggie on the side. You could certainly put veggies in, but I don't.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the actual tater tot either - nor hash browns but with the right sauce....everything can become tasty. Creamy cheese sauce with beef and tater tots, I'm in!?

·
19,119 Posts
I had never heard of tater tot casserole until last evening when our neighbor called saing she wanted to bring some of her favorite childhood food over for us!! We had some last night - DH had two helpings and the rest for breakfast!! And here it is on FV - small world!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have never heard of tater tot casserole. I only ate tater tots in school. I must look for this in the store and try out the recipe. I am sure my daughters think tater tots is a school only dish.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I make a variation of this w/o the milk, subbing drained mixed veggies for the green beans and adding a dash of worcestershire sauce and garlic powder along with the salt/pepper. A few minutes before it comes out of the oven, I sprinkle on some shredded cheese.

·
Registered
867 Posts
funny! I just made something like this for dinner! My kids won't touch it, so they had noodles! I don't use tator tots, I just cube up some potatoes and bake until it's done. I sprinkle those crunchy onions on top and DH will eat this 3X per day! We call it poor-boy casserole

1 - 12 of 12 Posts