Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread on sweet tea has got me drinking tea all day!

What's going on today? I need to:
vacuum
mop
bathe dog
knit
pick up dd and friend from VBS at 8:30 tonight
pick up clutter
make dinner

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Bathing the dogs is on the list here too today. We're having a terrible problem with ticks! The vet says its sooo dry.
Have vaccummed
Washed 2 loads of clothes
Packed for trip to Orlando and Daytona
Washed a load of dishes - I swear they breed in the sink during the night
Unloaded my truck with pick up from last night

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I got up early this morning and got to work. So, I am just about done with everything I need to do today. I have already washed all the sheets and re-made the beds, vacuumed, did the dishes, swept the kitchen and dining room, mopped the dining room and cleaned up our bedroom. I had DS#1 gather up all the little cans and take the trash out to the road for collection. My Mom is here now and she's got the boys out back in the kiddie pool. I still need to wash 2 more loads of laundry and get dinner going then clean up from that. It's hotter then heck here today, high humidity, so I won't be going out if I don't HAVE to. I hope everyone has a great day! Keep cool.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hot & very humid today. If it doesn't rain today I'm gonna have to turn the sprinklers on the lawn and vegetable garden this evening. I never got to mop my kitchen floor yesterday so that's a must do for today. Maybe it will rain if I mop, :doh2:

I'm actually scared to go out to the garden, LOL. The squash are taking over like aliens. I spent most of yesterday afternoon going around the neighborhood trying to give it away. I think some of the neighbors are hiding from me, LOL. Oh well, I'll start putting it up I guess. Gonna fry a big mess for supper tonight for a sub for meat. We love fried squash sandwiches too! Sure wish I could send ya'll a good mess.

Got a load of laundry on now and will run into town a little later to pick up a few things from the store for myself and my aunt Crystal who is still recovering from her last chemo treatment. I'm also trying to sell bushels of corn for my uncle Harold, who planted 2 acres this year. Him and aunt Crystal usually put it up each year, but they need the extra money now that she is sick. I sold and collected money for 16 bushels yesterday, and DH called and said he sold 30 bushels this morning at work. At $12 a bushel, (cheaper than farmers market), that's $552! It's beautiful, sweet corn too. Boiled up a batch last night. Corn is high here because of the drought we had/have. Selling for $15 a bushel at the farmers market, and it's not very good quality. Poor uncle Harold worked hard keeping his watered every day.

That's about it around here. Mopping, watering, clothes washing, shopping, peddling corn and begging people to take squash, LOL.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's going to be in the 80's today :yippee: and I have a lot to do by tomorrow as far as getting things done on here & the house cleaned because I'll be gone from Friday to Sunday to a convention :D
So far today...
had breakfast
took meds
straightened up livingroom
cleaned kitchen
got dishes done
checked emails
done daily reading
done daily surveys
folded & put away dish cloths & towels
have a few more loads of laundry to get done
cut out the printed pics of Malycia to take with me
ordered more free things :thumb:
have kitchen window open
watered plants
plan a lunch menu for the convention
cleaned bathroom
get everything together that I'll need for convention
studied for tonights meeting
took hot dogs out for dinner tonight
do some paperwork
get groceries ordered for Fridays delivery

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Overcast and cool here (54*F)...

Just work on the agenda today...oh, and I need to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home... Hoping to get some sewing done this evening... :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Did laundry
now headed to catch up dishes

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We are having scattered thunderstorms. One minute it is pouring and the next the sun is shining. I wish it would make up it's mind!

List of things to do:
~make online reservations for vacation
~pick up form from adminstration bldg. and take to the college
~drop off 3 garbage bags full of clothing at goodwill
~mail a card to a friend with some great coupons she uses
~mail off a rebate
~submit another rebate online
~work on some homework
~drop off payment for a bill while in town
~Laundry
~unload dishwasher

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
That's IT ~ I'm moving to ALASKA!!!

It's sooooo HOT here :( - I have no desire to go outside at all.....

~ laundry
~ tidy up (pick up the legos that took over the house)
~ washed dishes
~ bought yarn to begin my x-mas gifts
~ starting x-mas gift #1 (baby blanket)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Dh & I both have the day off today!! At the same time!! That hasn't happened in weeks :D

This morning he worked on the yard while I worked on the house. This afternoon we had errands to run: post office, library, credit union, grocery store, picking up the boys' t-ball uniforms & schedules. Now we are home & relaxing...well, kinda. I'm doin' laundry.

After dinner we're going to take the kids out for ice cream. The first time this season :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts