Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I sooooo want an etsy shop to make extra income with! LOL. Really, I need one. What I wondered is if anyone knows how I could learn to use my sewing machine and how to crochet. Nobody I know..knows how to do either and I would very much like to. Crocheting is not really at the top of my list but I would definatly love to learn to use my sewing machine! I got it on clearence at walmart! I would like to make my own diapers and bibs for my baby before augest as well. Some things I was thinking of making and selling were:

reusable diapers
babys clothing
bibs
purses
homemade grocery totes

This is just a start, I do have a small running list somewhere. LOL

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Start looking online for the patterns. There are a lot of great ones free and don't forget to embellish them a little bit.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
There are lots of tutorials and links to sites w/free patterns in the Needle Arts & Sewing forums.

HTH :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm an Etsy seller, too (my shop name is frenchroast). I learned how to sew last summer when I took a class at Jo-Ann's. My mom is pretty good at sewing, but for her, it's so instinctual she couldn't teach me. The class was reasonable and really worth it. It's really worth it to take a basics class. I've only taken about 3 classes for my jewelry shop, but once you have a good grip on the basics, you can branch out pretty easily.

Also look at www.instructibles.com and www.makezine.com

Go on the Etsy forums and read the Etsy Storque for ideas of setting up your actual business once you get things going. Taking photos, marketing, etc, will be more time consuming than a lot of the crafting. I have fun with all of the extras, and so it's not as bothersome. Email me privately if you want to know more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts