Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one that I'm handquilting, one that I'm making out of 30 repro fabrics (string quilt) and one that the blocks are finished and waiting to be sewn together. Depends on my mood which one I work on.

Tonight I'll work on the hand quilting. It's called Garden Friends.
http://quiltcompany.stores.yahoo.net/brnegafr.html

Your turn, what are you working on?

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I haven't quilted in about 2 years. Bad me. However, I love quilting. With kids it's hard to find the time and space to pull out all the 'stuff' and get going. Having the demands of a family takes that away. Oh well...some day. My current quilt is half done in the storage room. Some day I'll get into it again.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't quilted in about 2 years. Bad me. However, I love quilting. With kids it's hard to find the time and space to pull out all the 'stuff' and get going. Having the demands of a family takes that away. Oh well...some day. My current quilt is half done in the storage room. Some day I'll get into it again.
Yes one day you will have time, so enjoy the little while you have them home. When the time comes, and the house is quiet, you'll get that quilt done. And believe me that time goes fast! Seems like mine were just little yesterday, but now I have grandchildren! Time is a treasure use it wisely!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Mine is in a rubbermaid tub waiting for me to finish up a couple of aprons I'm working on. Its a citrus themed quilt. A friend of mine collects the old labels off citrus crates. The art work is outstanding. I'm going to photo copy them and transfer them to piece of white cotton. Then I found the most perfect wood toned material at a quilt shop in Sarasota, that will be a 4" shashing or framing around the labels. To look like the end of a wooden citrus crate. Then in another shop in Palmetto I found a fabric with lemons, limes and oranges on it. This will be cut into squares along with matching yellow, oranges and lime greens. These will be run around each crate block with more brown for than outer edge. A piano key border from all scaps on far outside.
Clear as Mud?
Hope to start on it by the first week in July so it'll be finished by December for entry into the county fair. Will keep you posted.

LAurie in Bradenton

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
When I was scrolling through the threads, I thought this one said 'tell me about your current guilt'
My quilt is in a bag, all pieced together and being painstakingly and very slowly quilted by hand. It has been in this state since 2003. I really need to start digging it out in the evenings and working on it. It's just so huge and such a pain to drag out. Plus I'm afraid to finish it and put it on my bed because it's white (current batch of small people did not exist when I started it).

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Oh Vicki....that garden friends is really pretty.....checked out the pattern. Some detail!

Have nothing but TOTAL ADMIRATION for the people that hand quilt. It is all machine for me.

I have been really slow with the quilting lately. It is hard getting much done in the summer as I have too much to do outside. I had a rainy day today so I got the border cut...first border...to start wrapping up a heart bargello that I did last winter....was done in browns and oranges. Would like to get it sewn on tomorrow morning before I head outside. (maybe that is in my dreams! :confused:) I am also in the process of cutting out a 'Hip to Be Square' quilt. I do much better with getting to them in the winter.
Tried to attach a pic of the heart quilt....pre-borders...hope it works. Have only done this pic thing one other time.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Frugal franny what an awesome quilt. I'm so afraid of so much white on a quilt. Between kids, pets and summer sweat I just can't do it!

Laurie in Bradenton

Reactions: frugalfranny

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
My sampler quilt. I need one more block to complete the top.

After that I have a quilt-as-you-go quilt of my own design, featuring machine quilting. I just need to finish it.

Then I'm focusing on finishing off quilt tops.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I started off this year with a challenge to myself to not start anything new until everything old was completed...totally completed. So I'm working on an Autumn Leaf quilt I started in 2006? It's been a traveling project - one I have taken on vacations to work on - so it's been a long process. I'd leave it alone for months at a time. The leaf blocks are hand appliqued - 18 of them - and now I'm hand quilting it. It's about a queen size, and I have given myself a deadline of June 20th - the day we leave on vacation to get it finished.

When that's done I have several more UFO's in the waiting!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I started off this year with a challenge to myself to not start anything new until everything old was completed...totally completed. So I'm working on an Autumn Leaf quilt I started in 2006? It's been a traveling project - one I have taken on vacations to work on - so it's been a long process. I'd leave it alone for months at a time. The leaf blocks are hand appliqued - 18 of them - and now I'm hand quilting it. It's about a queen size, and I have given myself a deadline of June 20th - the day we leave on vacation to get it finished.

When that's done I have several more UFO's in the waiting!
You DO have some discipline!! Hope you succeed. :applause:

Not me......I have fabric out that I can't even remember what I was going to do with it. Once I start cutting I have to leave the pattern with it in case it gets lost in the UFO pile. Too much to do!! :jug: And even more that I WANT to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts