Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 3 days, I have been taking classes that are required by the state. After each day, we are required to do a we-teach class for a grade and take a test over the subject we reviewed for that day. We are required to pass these 3 test in order to continue working as paraproffesionals (or teacher aides). I am just so relieved it is over and it wasn't as hard as I had heard it was going to be. Now I can enjoy my summer. No more classes or test to take. We will not know the results for 2 weeks. I hope I passed them I feel really good about them. If you fail, you may retake them. The ISD paid for the class which was 300.00 a person. I had to complain enough to get them to pay for it. They were going to make us pay for it.

Anyway, I am relieved!! I will let you know the results when I find them out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Good Luck Michelle,is this because of "No Child Left Behind" ? Our district is requiring lots of things for us, like 2 years of college or being able to pass a test equivalent to that.

Im sure you did great!

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you Michelle! Relax& Enjoy!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Congratulations Michelle! :fdance:

Now enjoy your summer! :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Robin. It is because of the "No child left behind act." I only had one year of college behind me, so I went ahead and did the testing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sure you did wonderful. I am glad that you have it over and behind you. Now you can enjoy your summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts