Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danimarie,

My hubby really liked your recipe, we are calling it, "Upside down sheppards pie".......it is great! Thank you.

leezza

Tater Tot Casserole

32oz. bag of frozen tater tots
1lb of browned ground beef
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
(2) 14oz cans green beans drained (I used mixed vegi's)
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
1 tbs dried onions (also used garlic powder)
1/4 cup of mild cheddar, (I also used Mozerella)

line the bottom of the crockpot with the tater tots, combine everything else and pour over the tater tots. Cook on hight for 3 hours. I like to put grated cheese on top of mine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're welcome. We make it a lot here. I'm going to try what you used! It sounds good!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That sounds delicious. I am going to print it out to try soon. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That sounds really good thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just made this for my family tonight and it was a big hit. My ds(16) thought it looked gross and I told him to just try it. I think he has had 3 servings so far. He loves it.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am going to have to try this too! Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got a new crock pot and have been looking for good recipes. Thanks and add me to the "try" list!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have never made this in the crockpot. I've always baked mine....layered in order... ground beef browned with onions, celery?, green pepper?, seasonings, then top with California Blend veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), cream soup, shredded cheese, arrange tater tots on top. Cover with foil, bake at 350F for 35 minutes, remove foil, bake 20-25 minutes for tots to brown. I always make a big 'lasagna' pan or big square roasting pan of it because leftovers are wonderful.

I'm going to try it in the crockpot though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm going to try this tonight

·
Registered
256 Posts
My family all really enjoyed this!
Thanks a lot for the recipe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts