Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I actually gave up on 'what comes around goes around' and 'you reap what you sow.'

I've read a lot and thought no...some people are just lucky and they can 'get away with murder.' I just refused not to believe in that crap because it's not logical.

Yeah, just when I had enough, cried enough, stressed enough, I just gave up and threw my hands in the air and I really gave up! I could not control the situation so I had to deal. I could not understand how a certain person can do damage to so many people's lives and get away with it for years. I thought surely, Karma would bite this person in the ass..sometime??

And yes it has. :D Is it wrong to be a little happy? If I told ya all the details, you may not understand, but I'm not feeling guilty one bit!!! :p

:chug:

So to all you Karma believers out there!!!

·
19,119 Posts
First of all - it's not wrong - it's only human.

And sometimes (usually always IMHO) when you cannot control something you really must give it up - there are a lot of things out of our control - and that's the way life is. We cannot control what other people do, but we can always be in charge of our own reactions. Choose wisely to take the best care of you!! Hugs!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
And yes it has. :D Is it wrong to be a little happy? If I told ya all the details, you may not understand, but I'm not feeling guilty one bit!!! :p
BTDT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep........I DO believe.........what goes around comes around.

I am just always careful to only 'chuckle'........and not laugh too loud as I could be "laughing out the other side of my face" as my mother used to say!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
You know, I actually gave up on 'what comes around goes around' and 'you reap what you sow.'

I've read a lot and thought no...some people are just lucky and they can 'get away with murder.' I just refused not to believe in that crap because it's not logical.

Yeah, just when I had enough, cried enough, stressed enough, I just gave up and threw my hands in the air and I really gave up! I could not control the situation so I had to deal. I could not understand how a certain person can do damage to so many people's lives and get away with it for years. I thought surely, Karma would bite this person in the ass..sometime??

:chug:

So to all you Karma believers out there!!!
I believe in Karma, but not as a mystic phenomenon.

I'm curious as to the details, though. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can really relate. I try not to wish bad on anyone but sometimes I do hope that they get back what they have given.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yep, I truly believe what goes around, comes around. I don't feel bad for the person either when they start whining that it happened to them. Usually, I pipe up and simply say 'that's karma for ya!'. :D

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Yes, gloat a bit but not too much.
We lost screams at people for speeding even though they live at the bottom of the hill neighbor,and let's their dog crap in the path for small school children to walk in neighbor. So i am a bit happy. I am just afraid of getting too happy about it because I don't want to get thunked for gleeful gloating.
Congrats. (quietly) though.lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
You know, I have never been able to make up my mind about Karma. I would like to believe in it, but like Greebo not as a mystic phenomenon.

I guess in the past I would see the dirty rats get rewarded with promotions, etc. I would wait in vain for their comeuppance, but nope. Nothing. And this is numerous times.

So if I should happen to see a little retribution coming their way, I would have to say I would be gloating just a wee little bit. I hate to admit that, but there it is. But in over 45 years of dealing with people, I haven't seen much come back to them.

Perhaps it's just my perspective not being balanced. I don't know. Or I'm becoming jaded.

Palooka-go ahead and be happy!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I see Karma more as the general principle that while at first, people will deal with you the way they wish to be dealt with, but in time people will deal with you in the same way you deal with them.

Over time, the more you screw people over, the more people remember being screwed over. They'll talk to each other when you aren't around, and if you're not a stand-up guy, they'll talk more about you than if you are.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i hear you!!! One saying i used to have was 'karma will kick your @$$ if I don't!" haha of course it was always said jokingly but it would tick me off when good things happen to 'bad' or 'not so nice ppl" and bad things happen to good ppl...just didn't seem fair but looking back, there reallly does seem to be some sort of universal justice or balance out there and things seem to work themselves out - in its own time, not necessarily the timeframe we want.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sometimes Karma can be subtle, too, Palooka.

I had wondered for decades when there was EVER going to be karmic justice for a certain person I know, who is manipulative, CRUEL, conniving, and causes 'uproar' all the time. She must sit up nights thinking this stuff up, it is so sneaky.

But then I noticed that there was subtle little karmic retribution going on if I looked hard enough. Things haven't been going her way--things that 'get her where she lives', so to speak. Not everything is in her control, and although she has little hissy fits and tantrums, it remains so. She's having more trouble calling the shots, and causing uproar. People tell her 'no'. People say :kissbutt: Her sneaky little tricks don't turn out the way she planned. YOu can see her becoming more and more defeated.

Trouble is, it doesn't give me the satisfaction I woudl have wanted to have 20-30 years ago. Now it's just sad. She's really a messed up person, with major issues and a wasted life. I pity her now. But I still don't let my guard down. :chomp:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes this is a tricky subject.. I think most everyone has the experience of watching that certain someone get away with all kinds of atrocious deeds and yet still have the best darn things happen to them. And then to top it off they gloat! LOL

And to be honest, the person I think of of (com'n y'all , ya know a him or her who would fit this profile lol) is the only person I know that has actually prospered in the economy, cheated blatantly on the spouse and bragged to all the buddies about it all...

And yet, in my own personal experience, I feel as if I know Karma, yes she is a beech, and yes she will make you sorry you ever even thought she might not be real ! LOL

So I'm just confused... I think it's my sense of fair play at work , going wait a minute now...... ;-)

So I totally get ya.

The only thing I'm certain of so far is "Karma" seems fickle....she may or may not show up. :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes Karma can be subtle, too, Palooka.

I had wondered for decades when there was EVER going to be karmic justice for a certain person I know, who is manipulative, CRUEL, conniving, and causes 'uproar' all the time. She must sit up nights thinking this stuff up, it is so sneaky.

But then I noticed that there was subtle little karmic retribution going on if I looked hard enough. Things haven't been going her way--things that 'get her where she lives', so to speak. Not everything is in her control, and although she has little hissy fits and tantrums, it remains so. She's having more trouble calling the shots, and causing uproar. People tell her 'no'. People say :kissbutt: Her sneaky little tricks don't turn out the way she planned. YOu can see her becoming more and more defeated.

Trouble is, it doesn't give me the satisfaction I woudl have wanted to have 20-30 years ago. Now it's just sad. She's really a messed up person, with major issues and a wasted life. I pity her now. But I still don't let my guard down. :chomp:
Thank you and this made sense to me. I saw many little things happen in this person's life that was negative, but never enough, ya know? It just seemed this person bounced backed no matter what. Not sure how much this person will bounce back now. :D It's nice that I'm sleeping now.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep. I was gonna say, if it doesn't get them where they work, then it'll get them in their private lives.
I'm amazed how much favor this person has had on their job, but yes, it hit their personal life first.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I see Karma more as the general principle that while at first, people will deal with you the way they wish to be dealt with, but in time people will deal with you in the same way you deal with them.

Over time, the more you screw people over, the more people remember being screwed over. They'll talk to each other when you aren't around, and if you're not a stand-up guy, they'll talk more about you than if you are.
I am totally with Greebo on this one.... When I arrived at the ripe old age of 50, I decided to make a change in my life....That year I implemented try 50 new things and do 50 random acts of kindness... What a gift I gave to myself. Every year since then as I have grown one more year older I do 51 then 52 and so on...those two changes in my life have brought me a richer life than I could possibly imagine.

Karma...it's a wonderful thing...if you decide to use it to your advantage...Not so wonderful if you live your life recklessly. Yes it catches up with you...and then... either knocks you flat...or lifts you up....Ultimately the person's own choice...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.