Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy turkey day all!

I know most of you will be extremely busy today, but not me....lol Just going to try and keep busy so I don't go nuts. Here's the plan so far

*Sweep & vacuum
*clean materbedroom & bath and wash sheets
*Call my mom, dad, brothers & son to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving
*Write a letter to my adopted soldier in Iraq and start putting his Christmas goodie pkg together

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well today will be somewhat busy. Getting the last dish read so we can go to my sisters for T-day. This will be fun and exciting, not. Afterwards, I will come home and finish rearranging the office/craft room. Do a few odds and ends and watch TV

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Good morning :)
We won't be so much busy as we just won't be home. We're about to head out to the inlaws (nice 3-4 hr drive to start out the day :thud: ). I've already done 2 loads of laundry, loaded the dishwasher & will run it when we get home. The animals have been fed, kids fed & dressed, I've showered & dressed myself, packed their things to take with them, packed my knitting bag. I just can't find my earbuds for my iPod....I think they are in the van.

Have a Great Thanksgiving, y'all.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!! I am just taking a quick peek at the village, then on to the shower, and begin the marathon cooking of turkey and all of the trimmings and side dishes!!! Then, We will all clean up the kitchen. Kids are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on the television, and DH is working daylight shift. DON'T EAT TOO MCUH!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!! I am just taking a quick peek at the village, then on to the shower, and begin the marathon cooking of turkey and all of the trimmings and side dishes!!! Then, We will all clean up the kitchen. Kids are watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on the television, and DH is working daylight shift. DON'T EAT TOO MCUH!!!!!!!!
I make no promises on that last note there Buckeye ;):lol:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone:chef:

I'm about to shut this machine down and get on with the day. My poodle isn't feeling well so I'm concerned (not worried, read the worry thread...lol) about her. I think I'll worm her and see if that helps. Ack.
I've done a lot of my cooking already so now I'm going to:

~workout (?!)
~shower/hair/makeup/clothes
~make the bed
~make mashed potatoes (no lumps;) )
~make gravy
~make iced tea
~whip the cream
~heat the turkey and rolls
~serve the dinner about 2 pm
~EAT (!!!)

Hope everyone has a special day full of family and fun.
I'm thankful for my frugal village family. :hug2:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!!

Got the turkey and dressing in the oven, pies are all baked, and I'm prepping the other dishes to go into the oven next.

Hubby did have to go in to work this morning, but he just called to say he is on the way home. Looks like he will get to have dinner with us after all. WoHoo!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Turkey is stuffed and in the roaster, yams are simmering, giblets and neck are simmering. Barb is watching the parade and pretty soon I'll start peeling potatoes.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
11/23
Need to do:
~stuff and cook turkey
~cook squash
~peel potatoes for mashed potatoes
~finish laundry

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Quiet day at home today. I'll be cooking but it's only 7:00 so I have time. Dh has a broken elbow and is in pain so will sleep most of the day. Ds is home again and will probably sleep most of the day too. Gotta go make a few phone calls now and then start prepping the dinner. Not sure what time everyone wants to eat but looks like it will be later than usual. Have a lovely and safe day all.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Hi all Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Have a great day all and don't get to stuffed.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! It is a beautiful day here. I have been lazy this morning. I have cleaned my toilet. I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it. My DDs are off to their Daddy's for lunch. We are going to my Mother's for supper. I have 3 dishes to make. I am making a Hashbrown Casserole, Maple Nut Carrot Salad and Pumpkin Bites. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good morning. It's chilly and cloudy here. I have my turkey in the oven. As soon as my cool whip thaws, I'll be making my pie.

Today is pretty much like any other day other than we're having a bigger dinner. LOL
We have nobody coming, so it'll be quiet. We'll watch football and eat!

I may do some housework but as of right now I'm just doing my normal daily routines.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!
Turkey and stuffing in the oven
deviled eggs made
banana cream pie chillin (can't keep hubby out of it)
stock and gibblets in crock a brewing

Laundry a rolling
Just the two of us today also, need to go get dressed and light the candles. It is a very rainy and chilly day. Hope everyone has a really nice day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts