Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turkey day! I did all of my baking yesterday so today I can watch the parades with DD's. Dinner with the inlaws, dessert at mom and dads. A very busy day ahead. DH just went out to buy the sale papers for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful holiday! :pilgrim:

·
27,948 Posts
Pretty relaxing day here. We get to sit around and enjoy each others company.:D I'm looking forward to puttering around in the kitchen & feasting too!
Dinner at about 6.
Cornish game hens
Cornbread dressing with mushrooms and sausage
Mashed potatoes
Pureed butternut squash
brussel sprouts
relish tray
& pumpkin pie for dessert
Good eats and good times to all!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Have a great holiday everyone....after I check the boards I need to:

make frosting for my cupcakes
give kids baths
shower and head out to dh's cousin's for the day

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We are going to my Friend Kari's house for Dinner, I made the pies nd stuffing, and the centerpiece...... I hope you all have a Wonderful and Safe Holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Happy Turkey Day!!!

Just spending the day here with family. Dinner around 1pm. :D

Hope you all have a good day! Try not to eat too much!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful ladies. :reindeer: We will be staying at home, :( Dh may have to work. But.... We are going to relax and spend the time we have together.

Nealy

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I'm home too, just where I want to be! The turkey is a cookin and everything is right on schedule becase I have no real schedule. Everything is done when it's done. I love candles. My whole house is lit up, I have a special Angel lamp that a friend gave to me, it makes me feel like "home". I hope everone has a blessed day.

Happry Thanksgiving Dear Friends!
:pilgrim:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
taking the day off.
All i have to do is make the fruitsalad, for dinner at 1.
Made pies at 1 this morning those are finished,
still need to get off here and take a shower.
Has anyone tired the migraine thing to get out of going where you don't want to go? I am thinking i might be coming down with one.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't feel bad, Heaven. SIL informed me we are eating off of paper plates this year. DH said it will be just like eating at a soup kitchen. He's not happy about that. Kind of cheapens the holiday for us.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well our plans changed again! Fil wants us THERE Mil wants us HERE.
I am tired of it all so HERE we stay!
Sides, I cook just as well and this way we get the good leftovers! LOL
Ya'll have a fantastic Turkey day!
Just remember to hop in bed early for the sales tomorrow!

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Happy Thanksgivng Yall, turkey is cookin everything is peeled, 4 pies ready to eat!!!!
Very disapointed in the sales for tommorow I guess the days of great sales are gone:)
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Turkey is in the oven and the rolls are risin'. Pies are done and the house smells soooooooo good. I can't wait to get stuffed. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Dinner here will be at about 2:00.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
heaven said:
Happy Thanksgiving ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
taking the day off.
All i have to do is make the fruitsalad, for dinner at 1.
Made pies at 1 this morning those are finished,
still need to get off here and take a shower.
Has anyone tired the migraine thing to get out of going where you don't want to go? I am thinking i might be coming down with one.
I have a thing I use....I call it "bad ham". No one ever questions it because it's so outrageous of a thing to say made you sick. Immature yes, but works. ;)

Over here, it's just us four. We will be eating around 4pm and watching dvd rentals later. I'll probably just hangout and work more on my baby blanket and Gabe will probably read or play video games. I didn't bake pies. :eek: I bought some. LOL I did bake cookies though.

Anyone have any Thanksgiving stories?

Anyone listen to Alice's Restaurant? LOL

Sara

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
well i didn't get that migraine after all and i had a good time. NO leftovers and that sucks right out loud. I want PIEEEEEEEEEEEE:weeping:. Bad ham sounds good Sara have to remember that one for christmas. LOL y'all are so smart.
didn't get the day off after all came home to finish a couple of things that needed to be done for saturday. :(

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I didn't have much in the way of leftovers either :rolleyes:. Come to think of it, I didn't have any pie today! Probably just as well...I really don't need it :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts