Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty excited and so is dh.

I have adjusted the mortgage payment, so it will take effect for the payment in 2 weeks.

With any luck, there is a steady stream of OT, as that means nearly $250/week more that could go toward our "house" fund. If we could do that consistently, that is.... approx $9000 MORE that we could use for the new house/move or reduce the mortgage by.

So today, after I drop the girls at camp, I'll be doing a walk through with my note pad, and nitpick the house as I would if I were buying a house. And then we need to sit down and address it.

(OH! We know a family that may be interested in buying our house, if we could do it private with no realtor, that would save us THOUSANDS, as they have been talking about a bigger house for next year in this area)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That is great if you can find a buyer without going through a realtor. I did that and it only cost me approximately $1000 for closing costs and lawyer fees. It is the way to go if you can! Good luck with the nit picking! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Wow! Great going!! Great news!! Would love to see a list of what your todos are to get your house ready for selling. Have a great day!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts