Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ~ Time of me to fess up!

This is probably why I couldn't answer your shopping thread Heather.

I've had a REALLY bad problem with eBay and to be honest I must have been in denial coz I didn't even know it!

I stopped selling and started buying, I went into eBay everyday and looked at the new posts and bidded, bidded, bidded, at one point I had THREE pages of bids!!!! :eek:

And I'm trying to de-clutter!!!!!! ~ My 'excuse' was that none of this stuff was strictly for 'me' but I NEEDED it to make my cards and 'MAKE' some money. :crackup:

This got to be a really bad problem, the reason I 'saw the light' was because I had put an unreasonable amount of money on a rubber stamp that I HAD to have to do one of Olivers scrapbook pages, anyway because I'm SO obsessive I couldn't do any of the other pages as this particular page came first :confused:

I was so desperate to get on with it I found another way! And (I'm happy to report) I got out bid on the stamp.

I have now been outbid on EVERYTHING and I haven't been into eBay for 3 days. I have spent LOTS of money over the last few months though and half the CLUTTER I now have I don't even want!!!!

Because of this my kids don't have a summer holiday as yet this year, I haven't started Christmas (which is really expensive for me) I have put off my dog's injection because I haven't had the money (it goes on and on) AND I've felt really sorry for MYSELF!

I'm hoping it's over now ~ part of my 'sort myself out campain'

Confession over ~ I feel better now ~ Thanks!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Bev~ what a true confession. I am glad you are able to step back and take a look at your shopping and spending and get on the frugal wagon again.

:hug2:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Oh wow!!! Hugs to you hun!!!

I am not sure what to say, but I know that taking a break from the computer did me a ton of good. I remember you said you were addicted to it in one of the posts i started a while back. try going 24 hours without it :) That way ebay will not be an option the whole day and you can get more work on your cards done...more time spent with family etc.

Maybe you could do stickers on the calendar for the days you don't bid on ebay :D ;)

I know that rush of bidding on stuff is a good one, but maybe try to transfer the need for that rush for the rush of *selling stuff on ebay :D Not that i"m saying you get a rush from bidding...but if that were the case....

And by all means take your kids to an amusement park or somewhere like that. Do you have beaches near you or anythign like that? Go have fun and enjoy these summer days before they are over :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Well Bev they say that the first step to healing is confession. So now that you are not hiding it any more you are showing that you are stronger than it is. I know you can kick it because you are strong. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Jeanna grball:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
WTG BEV! You are stronger than the impulses! I have quite a few when looking at things I would like to get. Hang in there and find some cheap/free things that you and the kids would like to see. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts