Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took ds to the Doctor today and on the way back, we were on a small town street when I heard a strange bird, so strange I had dh go around the block...... Sure enough right here in central Illinois........... 2 blue and gold macaws..... one flying around and another sitting in a tree..... We watched them for about 5 minutes and left .... It was quit a site to see !!!!!!! I grew up in Pasadena California and seeing very large flocks of wild parrots, and the occasional macaw, toucan, cockatoo was not unusual, but here this was odd !!!!!!!!!!!! A pleasant surprise though..........

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Wow, that must have been something to see...I'd have enjoyed watching them for a bit.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...sounds like lost pets to me too.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were way up in a tree and one had very good flight, we wondered the same thing, but they did not have their wings clipped ........

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Lori!

I'm from Princeton, IL!! Went to school in Normal, too! (BTW, For me, "ISU" stood for "I Screwed Up!" :D )

I'm sure that seeing those bird was an odd sight! I remember it being big news when a pair of eagles wandered over from Peru, IL one afternoon! They only stuck around for a few hours, too.

Tonya

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Think they took a left at Albecurque?

·
27,948 Posts
How neat! Sure pays to keep your eyes & ears open ,never know what you'll find.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts