Frugal Village Forums banner

The 2011 Clean and Organized Home Challenge

32K views 753 replies 85 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
Have you ever noticed how a clean and organized home makes you feel comfortable, at ease...just makes everything feel better? Yeah, me too....at OTHER PEOPLE'S HOUSES! But this year I'm going to make it MINE! Join me?

#4 ·
i'm in. this is bound to be a challenge. also works well with flinging 2011 things this upcoming year.

#5 ·
I had planned to join a few challenges here this year but afraid to get in over my head and not live up to them cause I've spread myself too thin....that said, this is one challenge I really need to join. My house is clean for the most part but I have way too much stuff and the constant putting away of the junk leaves no real time for the deep cleaning.....So... if someone will tell me the rules then I'll jump in too.

#6 ·
Tami, don't worry about rules or spreading yourself too thin, etc...the important thing is that we encourage each other to make our homes a more pleasant place to be and enjoy! Do what you can when you can as you can.....every little bit is a success and if you fall off the wagon you can pick yourself up and jump right back in! :hugz:

#8 ·
I want to be part of this too. When I got up today, I didn't like my house at all. Oh, I don't mean the whole house, but my kitchen and family room leave alot to be desired. It felt like I was looking at it for the 1st time, and it's far from dirty, but could be better. It seems to lack that nice coziness the rest of the house seems to have. I was "uncomfortable" in my own place. I think it needs re-organization, deeper cleaning, and that "personal touch". Strange, because I usually do okay decorating wise.

So I'm jumping in, head 1st!
Theresa :)

#9 ·
I'm in! My house and generally well being need this.

Reactions: ml2620
#11 ·
I am so in on this to....

This year i am going to learn to love my house...for years i have made excuses...its to small...not set up the way i like in hopes that i could convince myself to sell and move....(also dh)...dh is content where were are....well due to not having the best credit history and houses just not selling i have vowed to let the moving issue go and learn to love my house and make it into a homesteading peice of property....so to do this i need to seriously declutter and get it organized... thanks for this thread.. I hope to learn many useful tips etc....

#12 ·
I'll join you! It seems like my house is never perfect...Whose is?:lol: It's hard finding a balance between family and housework; I'll do my best to find a healthy balance.

#17 ·
I am so in. My goal next year is to get rid of everything in the closets that doesn't need to be there! Storage space is getting tight and with DFIL's house up for sale ... All his things have to come here!!! I soooooo need this! :)

#19 ·
I am in! So much to do, so little time *sigh*

#22 ·
I think my January Project will be the master bedroom. It's the catch-all room where we put things that don't have their own home. I was given a bunch of nice clothes that I need to try on and sort out. My closet is stuffed with nice clothes that are now too big for me. Lots to do in there tjo make it nice and peaceful.

#24 ·
Ooooohhh yeah. I want to get a lot of organizing done just in case we end up having enough money to buy our land and start building a house. I already told DH I will not take most of the junk his mom gave us into a new house.

Cat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.