Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2239 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooking at home instead of going to restaurants helped a lot of us save money in 2010. Let's do it again and see how much more we can save in 2011!

My target for this year is to eat in restaurants no more than an average of 3 times per month. I say average because I want to bank them for vacations :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well, I tried but failed terribly in 2010. Let me try for 4 times a month and work my way down from there.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think I may ate out five times this year. Will try this challenge again.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am in! This will be a hard one for me. Where I work, directly next door in the plaza is a pizza place that gives us a discount, and two doors up on the plaza is the chinese food place....Soo tempting and easy to fall into....I will make my lunch and snacks from now on...much more healthy and much less expensive...I will be saving about $30 a week! That's alot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is going to be a big challenge for me/my family. I am going to aim for 6 times a month for restaurants and fast food. That would be a huge improvement for us!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I'm definitely back in this one. My goal is no more than once a month or less!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I will do the 'averaging' thing too as I eat out more often in the summer.

I will go for 2....or less.

I did really good last year but didn't keep track.

It sure does save money!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am in! We did fairly well last year and want to do better next year. Most of my eating out was from travelling. I have decided that next year I will use a thermos and pack snacks. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm really going to try hard with this one! Other then birthdays and vacation I'm hoping we can stay out of restaurants and away from fast food this next year!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm up for this one. I don't know that we'll ever get to not eating out at all, but we definitely need to reduce the amount that we do.

For January, I'm going to strive for 3-4 times a week (2 dinners, 2 lunches).

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm in also!!
We done fairly well this year, but I want to do even better in 2011...my goal will be for no more than 2 - 3 times each month.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'll shoot for no more than 4 times a month since at least twice a month we have to drive 35 miles for groceries and we always plan to eat out then. I'll allow 2 extra days because we also do a lot of spur of the moment motorcycle rides with friends and we sometimes eat out on those trips.

Cat

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I've fallen into bad ways.

My goal will be no eating out except on Sundays. I have such a different work schedule on Sunday that my life is a lot saner if I pack dinner but pick up lunch (well, breakfast for me) on the way in. Realistically I never get it together to eat before I leave home on those days. But allowing myself to do that has made it easier to do it other times as well. That needs to stop.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Count me in, we did okay in 2010, we shall try harder in 2011.
For 2011, there will be 5 planned dinners out, & 4 planned luncheon w/ family/friends (our costs). Other then the planned 4 trips away from home (yep, next year is going to be a busy year for us, helping DD & DS moving). When put it like that, it seems we'll be eating out every month. So, other than that, we shall do our best to limit any unplanned eating out to only 6 times a year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We did horribly this past year. For 2011, I'm going to cut back to 4 meals out per month. Hopefully the menu planning challenge will help keep me on track.

·
Registered
135 Posts
DH and I will definately do this one. We are always just going somewhere or eating out at work (especially). We will shoot for 4 times a month.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a real problem with eating out way too much. So, I am going to try to limit myself to eating out 8 times per month. That is about 1 lunch and 1 dinner per week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in! We ate out entirely tooooo much last year! This year our goal is to only eat out 26 times, once every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Ate out today....coffee. :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I am going to try to get in on this one. I am going to go for 2 times a month for January and then re-evaluate after that.

1 - 20 of 2239 Posts