Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of office politics DH and two other employees have been put on notice at work. DH generally tries to keep his nose down at work, but one of the guys he works with rubs him the wrong way... and the guy happens to be buddies with The Boss. So the 3 of them are going to become scapegoats for the problems they've been having.

Dang it! We've almost met our medical deductible for the year too, we were going to save a lot of $$$ once that kicked in.

DH says he's glad he found out, it will give him several weeks to find a new job.

Meanwhile we go into emergency mode, no extraneous spending until he has a new job. I'm glad I went to the fabric store yesterday, ha ha. At least this time of year the weather is still bad enough that we stay home a lot.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I would go through and schedule every single medical checkup you have left that is covered by your medical insurance (new glasses, dentist, stock up on medications, etc.). Did you have a flexible spending account? If so, they have to credit you the amount for the full year, even though there is just over two months of contributions into it (if you are on a calendar year fiscal year). USE IT!!!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
oh man! big hug!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Sorry to hear that, CH. *big hug.

·
19,119 Posts
perhaps in the long run it will be for the good - right now it is the pits. Sounds like your DH has a super great attitude. Hunker down my friend - think we should al be doing more of it too!! Please let us know what happens.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Sorry to hear that and I hope he finds something better soon! :hugz:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
yuck! Hugs to you! I wish him a quick job replacement that he loves.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's lining up interviews, so things are looking good so far.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Darn it, sorry to hear this. Although I have to admit to being jealous that you have already met your deductible, we never meet ours. Not that that's a good thing but I just feel like we never get anything out of our insurance.

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Many hugs and prayers that your DH finds a replacement job even better than this one. Also glad you are a frugalnista and know how to survive. Keep us posted.

Cat

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am trying not to worry too much. He could have a job in a week. But then again, it could take 3 months, too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts