Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as a procrasinator with fibro and CFS, there are days that I feel like I don't accomplish anything productive. I homeschool my kids, do all the cooking and cleaning, but don't feel like I get enough done. I thought I'd start a daily challenge to do more whatever it may be to help motivate myself. Please feel free to join me if you're having trouble getting things done or getting motivated or whatever. Some days my accomplishments will seem small. Some days I'll do more. I can't promise I'll do something every day, but the point is I'm going to try very hard. Come join me...maybe we can help each other.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
This fits in well with my new year's resolution, so I'm in, and I think just posting the things you did each day will make you realize that you do more than you give yourself credit for!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'm in. but it sounds like you do more than enough. you gotta give yourself some credit :hugz:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'm in also. I love to see what people get accomplished. I started today by using up some overriped bananas to make two loaves of banana bread. I am keeping all three grandkids tonight, so their parents can have a night out.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
My big accomplishment today was that I donated blood, and I also signed up to be tested to donate plasma, as there is apparently more of a need for that than for whole blood in my blood type. They will be mailing me the results, and if I am a good candidate, I can start donating plasma as soon as March 2011.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This sounds like an interesting way to track any daily progress of mini/small goals achieved :) You can do it val!

*sings* Its a small world after all.... ;)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Libby you made me smile with our song...hehehe.

What I've done so far:
1. folded and put away about three loads of laundry
2. hung another load (in the house) to dry
3. cleaned out my bra/cami/etc drawer and two p.j. drawers
4. filled two garbage bags with stuff for GW
5. did a quick run through my closet to add some stuff to GW bags
6. put away a few odds-n-ends that were missed from the holidays
7. made a copy Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli Soup which we will eat soon (Yum-o!)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
today I spent time with DD before we both head backto school/work/lots of things. She did enjoy it. Cause starting tomorrow we have lots to do.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That's awesome Madhen.

I could use this challenge because some days I'm just plain lazy and then feel guilty the next day for getting nothing done. Then I bust my butt to catch up.

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
128 Posts
Today:
~took boys to the mall and Best Buy to spend their cmas gift cards
~used one coupon before it expired - and ended up finding something 75% off so I got three products for FREE!
~one lol folded
~one lol flipped
~one lol in washer

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I also have fibro so know what you are saying and when i feel i had a few days and things got backed up i get very overwhelmed - cranky and panicky feeling .
Today was one of those days as it seemed everyoom was cluttered including my car which is my office on wheels and i hate it cluttered !!

Today
1-) i worked x 7pts ( 6 is considered a FT day but i am not FT technically i am per deim and non benefitted )

2)-came home cleaned out my car actually had dh take it to the fancy car wash that vacuums it hand dries it etc for 15$ it was such a mess.

3) did a little decluttering at home and dh had the kids do some while i was working .

4) napped ( much needed as i only had 4 hrs to sleep last night )

5) all the kids but the youngest are out at friends or work or parties so its dh and i and the 9 yo - will probably do catch up paperwork while waiting for midnight and have little party from 11-12 - go out bag pots and pans and come in and go to bed !!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
This sounds like a great idea val! I will join you too.

Today I wash, dried a load of laundry and put away a load of laundry

Freed the car from the driveway. Slushy yesterday and froze last night so the car was stuckto the driveway! :laugh: used the plow truck to push it off the frozen slush.

Picked up Sammy from the vet hospital.

Packed some of DS's school stuff in the trunk of the car.

Worked on a lap quilt.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm in on this challenge. Very good challenge for me.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's get out there ladies and DO something today! I'll be back in later to chart my progress. Come on, let's go...

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Okay, Okay....I'm moving! LOL

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm in on this challenge, too!

I have Bipolar disorder and the meds that I take make give me stiff muscles and make me feel lethargic sometimes. Some days I just come home, plop on the couch or chair and don't move until bedtime. I really don't want to change my med cocktail because for now, it is working really well for me psychologically. It does help a lot to exercise and do things around the house though.

OK, so today I did the following tasks:

dishes
cleaned up kitchen
cleaned out car

Not much, but the day is not over yet!!!

Thank you for this challenge!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have a wicked cold, so I didn't get too much done today.

1. I updated my blog with the first entry for the year
2. switched to a new-to-me phone. My old one's buttons were giving out. I had it for the last 6 years. I think this new one has too many bells and whistles, but hopefully I'll figureout how to use em.
3. texted my aunt
4. picked up around the kitchen and dining room
5. picked up a few things around the living room (then the cold got to me so i laid down a bit)
6. threw a load in each machine...dishs in the kitchen, laundry in the laundry room.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
So far today
1. started on the home project
2. hung up the load of laundry to dry
3. took DD to get some new jeans (christmas $)
4. Did 3 mystery shops
5. took a nap

Still to do
dinner
craft
fold laundry
read
tidy some more

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I'm up and moving and have done a couple loads of laundry....will be back later with a report that hopefully includes more than just that!

1 - 20 of 358 Posts