Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this time of the year in the country. For miles and miles you can only see fields of wheat.

Yesterday after taking the kids to the library, driving home I was beginning to see the formation of quilts in the fiield. All different hues of green, with a sprinkling inbetween of ripening canola crops with bright, glorious yellows.

Dotted now and then are the leaf cutter bees tents which are blue and orange.

Soon the flax fields will look like lakes once they've ripened with their wonderful soft blues and for miles you'd say a lake formed overnight!!

Its amazing to watch the transformation of these fields. If your in the air, for miles it looks like patchwork quilts. I love it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow, that sounds beautiful. I hope I see that sight one day/\.

·
27,948 Posts
I know what you mean and I love it too. We have lots of rich farmer fields all around us. The county I live in (the Schoharie Valley) is known as the breadbasket of the American Revolution as it's rich fields kept many well fed. Just beautiful.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
LOL I know just what you're talking about CJ...I especially see this when at my parents' house (Amish country in PA) :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Cj, thanks for the new perspective on the wheat fields. I never looked at them that way before. We have lots around here too. One right behind me. I will surely look at the fields differently now.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love they way they look too ! they have a wonderful flow in the breeze ! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts