Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to seriously start losing weight and to work on living a healthier lifestyle. I weight A LOT and have several 40's to lose but this thread will be about my first 40. Given past efforts the first 40 is a big deal for me.

To achieve this 40 I plan on eating 1600 calories a day and exercising up to 60 minutes each day. I say 'up to 60' because at this point all I can do is 10 minutes on the recumbent bike. I will have to chose my exercise carefully because I have osteoarthritis in both knees. The results of a lifetime of obesity and having one of my knees scoped 3 times.

To keep myself honest I will post calories consumed and exercise activity. I would say everyday but there are days that I am either not here or just don't seem to get to a computer.

Reactions: britbunny

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First Day -
Calories - 1530 - well it will be 1530. I have a weight watchers ice cream in the refrigerator for later this evening that is worth 170 calories.
Exercise - 10 minutes on the recumbent

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Good luck. We will be here to cheer you on.

Reactions: debmar_OR

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Been there, done that, gained it back, ...it is such a struggle! But, you sound determined...maybe some of your determination will rub off on me. I'm proud of you! Keep it up!! :clap:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second Day - 11/18
Calories - 1282
Exercise - 10 minutes - Knees are holding up so I will try and kick up the exercise tomorrow.

Thanks to each you for your words of encouragement.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
11/19
Calories - 1133
Exercise - 12 minutes - Not much of a gain but it is in the right direction.

Haven't weighed in but can tell that I am losing water weight - rings are twirling.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
11/20
Calories - 1204
Exercise - 12 minutes

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Way to stick with it!

I'm doing about the same thing as you are and losing my first 40 too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
11/21
Calories - 1161

Today was a hard day for calories, well actually I didn't get close to my upper limit of 1600 calories but I forgot my lunch so I had to eat in the work cafeteria. Took advantage of the salad bar though I did have to 'dance' around the toppings otherwise it would have been a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
11/22
Calories - 1200
Exercise - None

Even though it's Saturday didn't get any exercise in. I did do some things around the house and run out to the store but since I haven't included that as exercise in the past I won't do it today.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
11/23
Calories - 1040
Exercise - None

Haven't done any intentional exercise for 2 days. Started reading Atlas Shrugged, again, and didn't hardly move for 4 hours. Finally put it down and I'm getting to the housework.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
11/24 -
Calories - 1255

I should weigh-in tomorrow but I'm not going to. When I think about weighing in I can feel the dread building. I'll stick to the diet and exercise for at least a couple of more days before I face the scale.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
11/25 -
Calories - 1218

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
11/16 -
Calories - 1550
Weight - 5 / 40

Yes I finally weighed and I am down 5 pounds which is good news. Today's calorie count is the closest I have come to the 1600/day max I set.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow! You are doing a great job! Very inspiring!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
11/27 -
Calories - 1385
Exercise - None

Saved most of my calories for Thanksgiving dinner which was probably not a good idea but I wanted to be able to have a small piece of the pie my DD made.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts