Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear the state is putting me through some sort of a test, let's see just what it takes to push Kellie over the edge. Today was good news. I was told Jack was being sent to live with his 64 year old grandfather in Florida next week, today I finally get in touch with his law guardian who tells me that the court date has been pushed back to July 9 and that she will advocate that he stay with us permanently--a good thing. Then, Karla's casemanager, who has not returned my calls for 2 1/2 weeks finally calls back to tell me that yes, the princess will be here at least until her birthday-another good thing-now I can start planning her party. Let's see what tomm. brings.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:hugz: Kellie, you are truly a special lady! I hope everything works out for you and the children.

I looked into fostering and knew I could never give a child up. Heck, I won't give up my furbabies! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I agree with Diana! It takes someone very special to be a foster parent. I have friends that do it and they amaze me with their love and willingness to have thier hearts broken every time they have to say goodbye to one of their kids. You have my utmost respect and admiration!:angel:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I agree, having been a foster parent for 6 years, I know what your going through Kellie. Hang in there though, your giving these kids what they need right now and that is LOVE and a mamma who cares deeply for them!!

I'm praying it all works out for you.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I admire you too Kellie, I hope they can stay with you for as long as they need to.... {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

·
27,948 Posts
Hang in there Kellie! You're doing something so monumentally important. Glad those kids have you.:heartsm:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Kellie, you are making a huge difference in the lives of these kids.:angel2: Good for you! I'm sure it must be difficult to be a foster parent, but hang in there!;)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Kellie, I couldn't be as wonderful as you even on my best day. I admire you greatly. When it comes to heros, you are at the top of the list. Good luck with the kids,
pat

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awe- ya'll are sweet, but truly, I am stressing out lately like any other parent. Jack is acting out (he was born addicted, and seems to have a few residual issues) I didn't pull Karla's bottle out of her crib Thursday night and it soured before morning, she drank it and just as we were leaving for work threw up all over everything, my 11 year old autistic stepson and my 3 month old godson are also with us this weekend, so I am pretty much DONE, DH is lucky if I make it to Monday!--But both of my little monster children took their first independent, not holding on to anything steps today-they are so competitive. Karla took 2, Jack took 1.:smball:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts