Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been hanging around here for the last week of so...trying to get a handle on frugal living...I started seriously thinking about this way of life when I was a stay at home mum struggling to make ends meet...when DD was 9 months old I HAD to return to work to help DP keep a roof over our heads. I have only just adjusted from the exhaustion (working full time, caring for DD who still doesn't sleep through the night and a partner that works almost every night of the week and some weekend night so I have her on my own) and I returned to work in Feb 2010. Now that I have adjusted somewhat I really want to work on making my time spent at my job work for me, instead of my money paying for someone elses life (as my blog says)

Anyway, I have a plan...first thing is to declutter my life and house and clean up. I think being organised honestly helps you save money, when you know where everything is you are less likely to buy more and you can also sell on your old goods and make a little money or just give it away and help someone :)

The next step will be going through each part of my life and frugal it...rooms, budgets, service providers EVERYTHING...I think I have to do this in some system because at the moment it is VERY overwhelming...

THE PLAN

Clean bedroom
Organise bedroom
Clean DD's room
Organise DD's room
Clean out spare room
Organise spare room
Clean out loungeroom
Organise loundry
Clean out bathroom/toilet/laundry
Organise bathroom/toilet/laundry and deal with all medications and chemicals
Clean out Kitchen
Organise kitchen

Organise garage sale for all item that can re sell, after garage sale try and sell remaining on EBAY and after that give away appropriate items and take the rest to the tip.

Frugal each of the above mentioned rooms...when I say this I mean look at ever spot in the room and see where you can save money, it might be a simple as turning things off at the point or getting rid of an appliance, saving some water some how re using...

I also have to find a way of tracking my progress and savings...but first to the bedroom and I am going to have to have plans of sttacks for each room too...gah...this is a big job!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THE BEDROOM PLAN

1. Clean off dresser and make sure everything has its place and things are not just 'put' somewhere else. I want the drawers to be used to keep special memories.

2. Clean out wardrobe ready for drawers

3. Clean out the wire basket drawers in the laundry ready to be used in the bedroom until we can afford a chest of drawers.

4. Get clothes off the floor! which have been there since we have our DD our chest of drawers a week ago.

5 Clean off floor, wipe window ledgers and clean windows.

6. Clean pillows and doona's put on new bed sheets if it hadn't been done that week yet.

7. Think about a cheaper way to update the bed sheets.

So I must tick these off before I can organise the room and move on to the next one.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
What a great well thought out plan of attack! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Reactions: thefrugaltribe

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It is a big job, but you've got a great plan of attack on your side. I think we all reach a point when we're ready to let go of things that we "think" we need, and it sounds like you're there! :thumb:

Hoping the best for you! A great way to stay accountable, is to post your listed weekly plans here, and then cross off each accomplishment. We at FV love to cheer eachother on to success, so I do hope you'll think about it!

I'm sure you'll do great! :rockon:

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :)

I hope I can stick to the plan.

mamamia, I wasn't aware of it but I think you hit the nail on the head, I am ready to let these things go. DP and I have been talking about how cluttered our house is and then we wondered with what? we cant remember buying 90% of the stuff...all that wasted money and materials!

Very excited to report that our potted lettuce (previously unmentioned) is going great guns...we will be using some of the leaves in the christmas salad YAY!

At the moment I am not working on the plan...I am going to get through Christmas and on the 30th of December I am going to start my plan :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.