Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the garage sale was not a huge sucess. There was 12 people who canceled their reseved table at the last minute.:( So that means $15 times 12=$180.00 less for the handicapped people's activities...

It was a hot day, and there was not very much buyers coming. I will know wedsay how much they money they made.

As for myself, at my table, I paid my $15, sold for $40.00 only so, I only made $25....oh well...

But I must say, that I had a great day! I helped out the organization people, talked alot and shared good times, with the handicapped people.:heartsm: They have so much to love to give...

You know, the founder and president of *Altittude* is 82 years old!!! And she is one healthy and energetic lady!

This day made me think how fragile and dependant these people are. They depend on their parents or caregivers entirely. What we can hope is that never in their life they will be exploited and neglected...it's sad but many are abandoned by families, or the parents die of old age...and they can only wish for a good family to care for them.

Makes me think how lucky I am...

Lucie:)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
A little thing like that can surely make a person grateful, eh Lucie? I'm working on my "grateful" attitude---need to be more so.
I'm sorry that it didn't work out to be a wonderful sale and all but at least you came away with something. It wasn't a wasted day, that's a good thing.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lucie, sorry to hear things didn't turn out as well as expected. You do have an extra $25 you didn't have before and you made some new friendships.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A friend of mine has an Autistic child. She worries over how he will manage as an adult when she and her hubby are no longer around. Scotty is 9 and has improved greatly in the 5 years I've known him.

At this point in time he is not very vocal. I think that this is his greatest worry. That he won't be able to communicate with others. Time will tell!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm glad you were able to go and help out, every bit helps. I'm glad you had a good time !!!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Lisa and Michelle, you're right. yesterday, might not have been a sucess money-wise, but it was sucess for the beautiful day we passed.:heartsm:

Graci, I can just imagine how worried your friends are for their son.:( That IS the biggest worry of those parents. Hopefull, he has a brother or sister, that will be around to make sure he is happy and safe later in his life. I have a special thought for them. :heartsm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts