Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for the most part anyways.

Over the weekend, I made a large dent into my gardening workload. I put in the lettuce and green onions in the side garden, plus all four herbs into the planters that are sitting on my front stairs. I have two 12" plants coming from MIL this week, so that leaves me with just some flowers to put in the front that have to come from somewheres else. I was going to put dill in the side garden because there's a considerable amount of space between the lettuce and onions. The space, however, is not big enough to fit another vegetable without having to do some severe thinning.

I put in six solar lamps in the front garden this weekend and turned them on to charge yesterday. I checked out my window at 10:30 and guess what? They were all lit up! I got all giddy and did my little happy dance because it looked so pretty and serene. :D Perhaps now they'll keep the cats away as well or in case the skunks come back, they won't get the bright idea to dig under my border.

I tagged quite the sunburn on Saturday. It's still tender today, two days later. I'd say I spent about three hours on Saturday getting everything ready and getting more supplies. All in all, I'd say it's been pretty great so far. :) Now I get to water both gardens every day (which reminds me that I need a watering can to use the rain barrel water) and do the fertilizing of the front, side and back yard this week. The yard is getting its first mowing and then a coat of fertilizer. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for the rest of the week. :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats on getting your garden done! That in itself is a big chore. Have fun gardening and here's hoping the weather co-operates for you! :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Finishing the garden is a great accomplishment that you'll get to enjoy the benefit of over and over again - congratulations!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts