Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Central Park stands two statues one of a man and the other a woman. Nobody remembers when they were erected - they have been there, but they have been appreciated since before the oldest living memories as true works of art.

The statues stand, day in, day out, in sun, rain, snow and fog, gazing at each other adoringly, inspiring countless couples, young and old.

One day, not too long ago, the Archangel Gabriel came down to Central Park, and granted the statues life for 30 minutes. He said unto them, "The Lord God has looked down upon you since before living memory, and has noted your beauty and how you symbolize perfect love. As a reward, he has decided that you shall have 30 minutes of life, during which you may do whatever you wish! Go - now - and make the best of what you have been given!"

They couple glanced at each other and immediately ran off and darted behind a row of shrubs. The Archangel, who had been watching humanity for millennium, was unsurprised to hear much giggling coming from behind the bushes.

Fifteen minutes later, they emerged, saying, "Thank you, Oh Mighty Archangel Gabriel, for bringing us the Lord's most wonderful gift of life!"

Gabriel smiled, and said unto them, "You know - you still have fifteen minutes left. By all means, go and make the most of it!"

They beamed at him, and darted off behind the bushes again. This time, along with the giggling, the Archangel heard the woman speak to the man. "Ok, this time you hold the pigeon and I'll crap on it!"

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Thanks for the chuckle this morning, I needed that. Definitely not the ending I was expecting.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
That's so gross. :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.