Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eating healthier and become more active over the past lil while now, prob close to a year. I dont really notice any signs of weight loss but thats not really my goal. I want to be healthier all around - so yes the weight loss would be a bonus. I know I've done well b/c I havent gotten as sick as often as I would - or colds - nothing huge until recently and I do actually feel a lot better compared to last year.

Was just thinking about this the other day as the b/f and I drove through Tim Hortons for a coffee. I enjoy a large with 1 cream and 1 sweetener. [Used to like it 2 x 2 (w/sweetener) and the b/f likes it that way too - bonus for me that he uses sweetener!] but Im still trying to figure out how to make it a 'better healthier choice'. I dont get Tim's often so its a treat but I get it often enough that Id consider trying to make it better for me.

For the love of whatever, I just cant drink coffee black. Ive had it with just one cream and the next time is just one sweetener and constantly flip back and forth and when the b/f brings it as a surprise for me he never knows what to get so I end up with a 1 x 1.

The big debate - which is a better choice? Having the one cream or the one sweetener? The fat or the chemical? :lol: HELP!!!! Because I keep thinking about this so much, Im starting to go a wee bit :screwy:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Just my own personal opinion: I would take a little fat over a little chemical any day!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I say the one fat is healthier, since it's such a small amount, and we just don't know the long-term effects of artificial sweeteners.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
:yeah: fat over chemical here too!

·
8,714 Posts
~I always choose an alternate strategy so I don't have to give up something I love. Coffee with cream and sugar twice a day here will really stick to my hips so I alternate with a cup of unsweetened tea. Lots of flavors to choose from and I don't have to change something that I like, KWIM?~

·
Registered
426 Posts
I completely refuse to eat artificial sweeteners (just my opinion!) so I would definitely choose the creamer

·
Registered
708 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the creamer too, but it's a psychological thing with me....I can't seem to drink black coffee. Even if it isn't sweetened, so long as it has some whitener/creamer in it, I'm fine. Plus, if you use creamer, you get some calcium (okay, it isn't much, but it's more than what's in sweetener).

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ladies! Thats just my thoughts too. I have started drinking coffee (half of the time its decaf too!) with cream only. Ive tried milk but when you need to ask for 5 milks it defeats the purpose. Who drinks coffee flavoured milk? :lol:

I do think that the natural milk fat is a way better choice over chemicals any day! The only time I use sweeteners is for coffee that is so horrible it needs something sweet and then in those cases I only can sip 3 or 4 times and I give up. Why torture yourself? And if its in a diet soda or those crystal drink stick mixes but I use one stick (which is meant for a 500ml bottle of water) on a 1.5L bottle of water. Ive increased my herbal tea intake as well for beverage variety.

Oddly enough, on my way home from the hospital this morning, (from having stitch removed from toe) I had a large coffee with just one cream! YUMMY!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I choose the fat over chemical any day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts