Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning on this wonderful Sunday morning. Its cooled right down here, there are flouds floating by and we have a nice gentle breeze. Not sure the weather report here today yet, but hopefully it will stay cool for awhile. We had quite the thunderstorm last night for a couple of hours and then it moved east!!

Today being Sunday will be a day of rest for me. I'm going to read, play with the computer, do some searches on the net and just have some fun with the family.

Thats the buzz on my little homestead.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Good Sunday morning!!:smball:

Today is a beautiful sunny day here with a gentle breeze.......CJ, are you sending that storm this way?? They are calling for real humid temperatures the next few days!

This morning there is no church and it feels kind of funny not going. Have hung 2 loads of laundry on the line and boiled up 4 lbs. of hamburg. This afternoon Delaney and I are going back to our neighbours bush for a picnic. Fun!!:smball: DH leaves after supper for work but we are so excited, when he gets back Friday he has 2 weeks off!!! Yeah!! All the plants are on shutdown so that is when the truckers take their holidays too. We have lots to do around here but it'll be so nice having him home!!

Have a great day!!:smball:

·
Tina Bob
1,591 Posts
Good afternoon! It's a bit cool today but the sun is trying to shine and there's a gentle breeze. I think the weather channel has forecasted a thunder storm for later this evening.

Not too much going on today. I'm just enjoying catching up reading the posts here, reading a book, and hanging out with my family. Dd and I started to play badminton but the wind was not cooperating so we went for a walk instead.

I'm going to make ham & broccoli pie and salad for supper and we are going to watch a movie, A Walk to Remember.

Hope everyone's having a great day :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sunday has become a day of rest for me too CJ. We slept in and then during the Nascar race we fell asleep for a little nap...lol!

I did wash some laundry and DH put some steaks on the grill.:) He helped with the side dishes as well. :) :) He even made homemade icecream.

That's about all that is happening on my homestead.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Just got back from the bush a little while ago. Saw ducks and mallards in the pond. Delaney collected MANY bird feathers for a craft she will do tomorrow. We also spotted a turtle, green with orange stripes on his legs and head, am going to look up what kind he was. We had lots of fun!! Delaney got to ride in our neighbours wagon behind the tractor/lawnmower all the way to the bush (one of her favourite parts) I enjoyed the lovely walk out their property, through the bush and back to the lagoon. We had a yummy picnic of lemonade, homemade cookies and grapes. I know a little girl who is going to sleep well tonight.....:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi All,
We didn't make it to church this morning.:( However, we did put on a Joyce Meyers tape and listened to that as a family and then ahad a time of family prayer. :) DH has been working on the van trying to get it ready for the kids and I to take to Montana next weekend. Bless his heart, he's been at it for about 6 hours now, changing filters, belts, spark plugs, and door handles and latches.
I picked some fresh strawberries and got some laundry done with the help of my son Chris. Chris and Josh cleaned out their closet (oh it was awful) and now their room looks like a cyclone hit it. Josh also did some yard work for a neighbor. Jaysn did some work for me around the house. All of the boys are now taking a much deserved break and watching a video with a friend.
Jeff and I had eye doctor appointments yesterday and $700 later we left the office with new glasses on order. Of course he and I both have to have special orders because of his work and my problems with glare.:eek: The girl there did give us the sale prices that were to start today, so we were very blessed there. DH says he knows what his overtime is going to pay off, the glasses!:(

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was very busy on my homestead. Dh, ds, and I went to church while dss#2 went to a tractor pull with dss#1. Then dh got on a cleaning kick (why does he always start in the basement) and I worked on cleaning and getting strawberries ready for jam. Then dh helped me finish the jam and take care of ds. Ended up with 3 more batches of jam - totalling 5 batches of regular strawberry jam, and 1 small batch of freezer jam. I stopped into the village quick last night, but was having connection problems, so wasn't able to stay long.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
It is going to be a hot and humid Monday here. They are saying it will be 97 with a heat index of 107.:eek: Anyone want to come for a visit? Thank goodness for central air, huh?

I need to finish up some laundry today. I would like to purchase some paint and start painting the walls. I just can't decide whose room I want to start with? I would love to redo them all. Before my summer vacation ends, I want to have the carpet replaced. I have all these jobs I want to tackle, but am not making any progress. :(

I hope you have a great day on your homestead.:cool:

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
:sun: Hello girls! I'm checking in here again after posting a while back I've not been back....sorry bout that.

It's a BEAUtiful day on our homestead. We've had lots of rain lately which is such a blessing here on the high plains. The grass is so green, our flowers are blooming and my pond is doing so well. We finally learned the secret of barley for the pond. Makes a huge difference.

On my homestead today there will be lots of cleaning going on. The housekeeper (er, um that would be me!) has been a little out of it lately. Time to whip it back into shape now.

Starting with lots of laundry and gonna hang a good bit of it. Decide what to do with hamburger for dinner tonight and I reckon that's about it. I am going to start on my "spring" cleaning this week too (along with the decluttering as I go). I guess it's better late than never, eh?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi all. Yesterday was the first day we did not get any rain. I was so thankful for that. We were going to spend a quiet day at home but since hubby shook his last blood pressure pill out of the bottle yesterday morning we had to go into town and get some more. While we were there we went and ate Chinese. We finally left town, went and visited my mom and then went and sat on his mom's front porch until I informed him I was about to suffocate from the heat. Came back home and hubby helped me cook supper (gotta love that) then sat around the house the rest of the day.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning everyone on this wonderful bright and sunny morning. Today is suppose to be warm but not too hot. A good day for washing and hanging out my clothes.

I'm also determined to finish decluttering the kitchen. Almost done, just a bookcase to do along with my computer desk, although the desk needs little cleaning.

I also want to make some applesauce muffins this morning before it gets too hot and freeze a batch for hotter days. I probably will also get some cornbread made and freeze some of it as well.

Last nights dishes are almost done. I didn't get them done because I mowed the lawn instead of waiting for today when it was hot. I also weeded the flowerbeds, but later this afternoon will have to weed the strawberry/raspberry patch. Its getting ahead of me again.

Thats the buzz on this homestead. Nice to see some more people here.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well today is slow starting on my homestead. Ds#2 is off to summer school, ds#1 is still asleep, dh is watching tv and I haven't figured out breakfast yet!
I need to fix the meat for the fideo for dinner.
Man the new batch of eye drops sure do sting!
I want to work on hand stitching a set of kitchen towels for a wedding next week, and maybe make a dish rag as well. The bride is registered at Target, but after the surgery taking ds to the dr and everything else, there is just no extra for gifty stuff!
I have some really cute iron patterns from the 40's and just enough thread in the colors I need to get them done!
Well off ti figure out breakfast! Have a fantastic homestead day ya'll!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Goodmorning all!
It's 9 a.m. and only 50 degrees here so far (unseasonably cold). Chris and I ran down to get gas for the lawnmowers this morning and now he is off mowing a lawn that is 1 acre! He's charging by the hour on this one. Josh is going up to do some weedeating and raking for one of his customers and Jaysn is going to do our front and back lawn.:) We had a funeral to go to this morning, but with the boys doing yards, we are unable to make it. The breakfast dishes are done and the laundry is started. I have my parents' birthdya gifts all detagged, wrapped and ready to go for this weekend. Still need to make bread, butter and strawberry jam today and get some condolence cards ready to go off in the mail. I'm hoping to get some reading in also. Have a great day!!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good morning everyone. Its Tuesday, the sun is shining and its going to be a glorious day, not too hot but just about right.

Today, I think I'll make some more muffins and freeze them seeing what the weather is like. It doesn't heat up the house and I'll at least have some baking in the freezer for those incredibly hot and muggy days.

I also want to continue working on decluttering our bedroom. Its almost finished. I need to get it done while dh is at work so that he doesn't sabotage what I'm doing. He loves to go through the goodwill bags and take out!!! Not this time, I'm tying them before he gets home. :toothy:

I still need to get out to the berry patch and week it. Its looking pretty bad right now!! The flowerbeds are all done but in a few days they'll need doing again. We have portulaca again this year and its horrible to get rid of. I'm so glad I didn't do a veggie garden this year because the portulaca is everywhere again!!!

Thats the buzz on the homestead for today. Have a great one!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
G'mornin Cj and everyone else ;)! Looks like it's gonna be another hot one here too.
I'm gonna clean the bathrooms and dust my bedroom for starters today.
I got mostly caught up on the laundry yesterday just have to hang/dry 1 load and wash and dry the towels.
My decluttering begins today as well. I'm starting in the kitchen and I plan to do 3 or 4 cabinets at a time till I'm done in there. I just hate to tackle that whole job.
I also need to do a little bit of paperwork.
The meat is getting low in the freezer so sometime soon I'm going to have to make a trip to the butcher's to load up on some to cut down on the trips to the grocery store.
I hope everyone has a great day on the homestead.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good morning! It is cloudy here today, but still suppose to be hot...in the 90's. I need to get out and mow the lawn while it isn't so hot.

I started on the decluttering binge yesterday. I finished the bedroom, but need to get in the closet and go through the clothes I don't wear and donate them. I have some other rooms that could be decluttered as well.

I hope you have a great day on your homestead.
:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:wave: Goodmorning!
We're taking advantage of one of the last cool days this week to get a lot of yard jobs done. The boys just took off to go continue working on the huge lawn they were working on yesterday. DH said it is well over an acre of lawn. DH and all the boys went up and worked on it last night because Chris was just overwhelmed. The grass is so thick with morning glory that it was choking out the lawn mowers. They ended up having to weed eat some areas and then rake them before they could even mow. UGHHH! They have about 6 more hours worth of work on it to finish.
I didn't get around to making the bread or butter yesterday because I got on a decluttering kick (rarely happens so I have to take advantage of it when the mood strikes;) ). I'll have to do those today. I thought I had enough fruit to last through the week, but the boys have all had friends over constantly and it's now almost all gone.:eek: Oh well, it's good for them.:)
I'm hoping to get some of the drapes washed and hung on the line today. They are getting dusty again. One of the down sides of living out here near the fields is that you constantly have dust!
Anyone have any great ideas for dinner tonight? I'm at a loss and I'd really like to do something easy in the crockpot.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm binging and purging also-my clutter that is. This is a neat thread. We are trying to make our small homestead more roomy for 5 people. I worked in the basement with DD so we can start waterproofing and building walls. I fixed some eggs for the girls and it is already lunchtime. DD1 and 3 and I will be going to the library to rent some DVD's while DD2 goes swimming at a friend's house. I also need to catch up some laundry, and fry up some hamburger for sloppy joes.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good morning on this dull dreary Wednesday morning. I slept in so I'm way behind this morning, but I just didn't want to get out of my cozy bed. Its really cool, in fact its almost furnace weather but I refuse to turn the furnace on in June.

Well yesterday I finally finished decluttering the m/bedroom. What a job that was. I then went to the sewing room and the bathroom. I'll post my list in a bit.

Today I'm going to do some experimenting with making bread. I found a recipe for Pumpernickel bread so I'm going to make a couple loaves of that. Then I found a recipe for Whole Wheat oatmeal bread so I'm going to try that as well. If they turn out, I'll post the recipes in the bread forum.

I also need to fold clothes, and then call about the prices for the hotel and the bed and breakfast here, as dh's sister and bil want to come for a visit. If it was just his sister, she could stay here, but with the bil with her, it would be impossible!!! :eek:

Once thats all done, then I think I'll grab a good book and sit and read with the kids. They are so enjoying books this summer, late into the evening and its wonderful here on the homestead to have quiet with the windows opened and all the family reading.

Thats the buzz on the homestead today.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well not much going on here.
I just finished up the trash and kitchen, next on the list is making brunch for dh and ds.
Fed the dog brought him in, started a load of laundry.
Want to get the kids bathroom cleaned up.
Need to work on some stories but can't do it on my pc, not enough hd space for a word processor!
Well off to fix food, seems I spend 1/2 my day fixing and the other 1/2 cleaning up!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts