Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone on this bright, sunny Sunday morning. All is quiet on the homestead right now. The kids have just crawled out of bed, wide eyed and ready to take on the day.

As soon as they are finished their breakfast, they are off to go horseback riding again. They had so much fun yesterday. The owners asked dh to feed the horses and left a horse for them to ride in the corral. Dh has never put on a saddle before (the type that was left) and he put it on backwards. Well once they figured that out, he then got on the horse and slid right off to the other side (he hadn't tightened up the saddle enough). The kids thought that was soooo funny and even this morning dd is still laughing about it. :laugh: Its a good thing I wasn't there or I would have wet my pants!!! :toothy:

There isn't much doing on the homestead today as were really trying to make this a day of rest. I'll fold a load of clothes and then thats it.

I also plan on playing around in the flowerbeds this afternoon.

Have a wonderful fun filled day down on your homesteads today.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Oh CJ, I wish I would have been there, we would have both had wet pants, but what a good laugh it would have been...a belly buster!

Things are a little out of control on the homestead. DD left quite a mess digging things out of her room to pack. Her bedroom is right off the livingroom and her room is very small, so of course she dragged it all into the livingroom to pack it. What ever she didn't want was just left there for me to discard :( Wow, wont I be able to post in Amy's decluttering thread now!

The wall is completely papaya now, and by hook or crook, I am going to do one stripe of the decorative painting. I have made this pact with myself to do the work first and play later, sometimes it is hard being a grown up.

Got lots of math homework too, this class is math for the elementary teacher, so the homework will look like the board would look in teaching students a brand new concept...fun/

Gloomy morning, I guess I will get up and start the day. My Atkins diet is going pretty well, but my gallstones are acting up, so I am gonna increase the vegetables and cut the meat for a day or two and see how it goes.

Have a great week Ladies.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Another beautiful day here on the homestead. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. There are some "lost" kittens running through our yard, jumping and playing. It is fun to watch them jump on the other and then start rolling.

I don't plan on doing much today either. I would like it to be a day of rest. I do plan on getting up and taking a walk later, but that is something I want to do for myself.

DH is at work, Chris and Dakota ran over to my MIL's to see if their cousins were awake yet. They all run back and forth between the 2 houses. I guess it is a good thing we are neighbors. RIchard is still in bed asleep. I guess those teenagers need more rest than we do.

Well, I hope you all have a great day on your homesteads.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good afternoon! I started out with good intentions today, but they all fell apart. I started breakfast for everyone, but DD#2 has had a nasty sore throat since Friday. Because the doctor I work for is sooooo wonderful, I called her and she was in the office doing paperwork. I took Raechel up there and she was seen. No strep, but her throat is really swollen, nosebleeds, swollen glands, etc. I've got her medicated and now she is feeling better.

When the baby went down for her nap, I worked in the basement for about an hour. Decluttered 2 bags of junk and papers for the trash. DH and I want to put some stuff up into the attic today but he is sleeping :mad:

Lunch is over and cleaned up, now I'm sitting here with Courtney while she colors.

I think I will go declutter another kitchen drawer today. My yardsale mountain is growing!

Otherwise, a relaxing day here on our homestead.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
ROFL CJ, I can just picture it!!!

Robin - it IS hard being a grownup sometimes isn't it?

Michelle - I have a teenager exactly the same......but then he is all set to go at night!!

Danielle - I hope your DD is feeling better soon.

Today we slept in......what is going on here....DH is home on holidays and the routine falls apart...:D . Had a late breakfast and then went to the barn to check on our new addition, Dylan's 4-H lamb. He is a little scared yet but is getting lots of love. DD has coloured so many pictures and put them up in his pen for him to see. She has also picked out a story book to read to him tonight before bed.

So far today we have done chores in the barn, vacumned pool, filled in old well, keep thinking we are done and then the sand settles. DH and DS's fixed the back fence, took down the barbed wire and put in new posts and wire. The boys left the windows open in the tent last night SO I have tons of laundry to do now...sleeping bags, comforters, pillows...............UGH!! Needless to say they weren't in there but the way they sleep so soundly they wouldn't have noticed getting wet!!:D

I am still working away this afternoon on our upstairs........DD's room is next........look out toys!!

Have a great day down on the homestead!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi all. Hubby decided it was one of those weekends where we needed to talk about how much time I spend on the computer so needless to say I won't be on as much anymore. He says I'm neglecting our home, our family and myself.

This weekend he was off and the step-kids didn't come which meant we had peace . . . Saturday we rented some movies and sat around watching them. Hubby got out and sprayed the yard some though.

Sunday we barbequed hot dogs on our little pit outside and watched the rain. It was peaceful to do something different for a change. We also went last night and visited my aunt and uncle who will be going back to England this week.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its Monday morning - good morning everyone. Its sunny and looking like a very hot day today, so will not be doing much outside. I got the grass all cut last night though so thats done for a bit. Almost finished digging up another flowerbed, so might work on that later this evening once its cooled off.

I need to wash bedding today, get them hung out to dry. When I'm finished that, I'll also wash another load of clothes and get those hung out as well.

I need to walk to the post off and mail a parcel and pick up my mail.

Once I'm back, I'll start working on the decluttering in the basement. Its going to be quite a job down there. Dh is also going to build some shelves down there so I can do more stockpiling and then won't have to go into the city as often. I'm getting so I don't even like the smaller city, with all its noise and busyness!! If I can get more in my stockpile, then I can just purchase loss leaders at the local co-op here.

Oh I forgot, dh and the kids went horseback riding yesterday morning. Heather, he put the saddle on the right way this time, but didn't get on the horse!! Ds#1 though, found a snake and picked it up. They had a great time.

Thats the buzz on my wonderful little homestead.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Another beautiful day here on the homestead. he sun is shining and the flowers are blooming. What a great site.

Yikes CJ!! I can't believe your DS#1 picked up a snake. I am deathly afraid of them. :eek:

I am back on track with laundry again this week. Already started it. I think I should allow everyone 2 shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pants, etc. Than maybe I would be caught up for good.:D

I need to run to town and take DH lunch. He asked if I would bring him something and I said yes of course. He had to go in this morning at 3 am and I am sure by 11, he will be starving. It is one of those 12 hour days. UGH!

The boys are in their rooms, so their is peace right now, but I am sure that won't last long. Dakota goes to the dentist Thurs. I have to put up all that money then too.
:eek: But I better before they make him sick.

Well, that's the buzz on our homestead. How about yours??

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm about "buzzed out" right now. This is Monday and I am ready for all to go home,to work,to school or wherever they can find to go!!!!!:bang: I'm wore out,and it's too darn HOT to deal with anyone. I did go in to the store this morning,and it about wore me out. I took a shower,and that it my contribution to the family for the day:toothy: :D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good morning on this Canada Day - Tuesday, July 1st. We missed the fireworks (which were on Sunday) so today will just be another day here on our homestead. The kids were quite disappointed, but I missed getting the local paper until it was too late.

I plan doing some reading and will probably go for a ride later this afternoon. There aren't any stores opened, unless we go into the city and I don't plan on doing that.

Dh just did the dishes, so I don't have to do that, all the clothes are folded and there aren't even any dirty clothes. Wow, that doesn't happen often here!!!

Hope everyone has a great day down on their homestead.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
The boys are fixing more fences and DH is raking the hay so baling will begin tomorrow. Am doing some crafts with Delaney today and will be going for a swim in the pool. We are having a BBQ and fireworks around the fire pit tonight, can't wait!

New lamb is doing fine, Delaney has taken such a liking to him, I think maybe she should show him in the fair in the fall!! :D

Had an elder come around last night from our church with a survey.....the weekly attendance is dwindling and they are looking for an idea of what people's expectations and committments are...........sad for small rural churches but I think we can make a go of it. Praying that it will stir some fire in people's hearts and give them the direction of where they want the church to be in the future.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!:smball:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends! I hope you all enjoy your day!!

Today is very, very, very hot! I was just standing outside and was sweating. Then I had to work out in the heat. All the baseball games are over at OUR fields, so I had to go clean the fields, restrooms, concession, etc. I still am not done. It is just too HOT!!! Chris' team is still playing, but not here. They have a tournament this weekend and then the week of July 14th starts district tournament. I am just glad I am through with all the labor that goes into all this. Another lucky person will get to do it next year.:D

I had to run to town to take care of some errands today. Then I took DH lunch.

I guess we can go out tonight and celebrate the ending of another season in baseball! One thing that can't say is that there is no money for next years season. We left more money in the bank this year than there has ever been. I think it because of my frugal skills....lol!!

Well, that's about all that's happening here on the homestead. I hope you all have a great day.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have been quite delinquent in posting to the Homestead buzz!! So sorry!!

Well, today I got some paper work started for an order i need to place tomorrow. It is for me, but counts towards my totals anyhow. :D I am motivated to do really well at this because i saw some of the totals of the top sellers and I think I can do it too.

I also have decided it is time for me to come outta my shell here in this town, I know noone outside of those that DH had introduced me too...and 99.9 % of those people work for him or are co-owners with him. Time for me to make some of my own frineds here in town. MAybe i'd like it here better if i knew some people that shared my interests and so on. Shoot, it's time, I have been here since 1997 and know practically noone!! Seesh!! Maybe some mom's groups or crafters groups??

i have been on a decluttering rampage here. I have lots more to do, but I have nearly cleaned everyhting out of DS's closet. and got rid of lots of clothes from my own closet. I need to do lots more in my room. LOTS MORE!! LOL

The weeds are comming up nicely again, but DH has promised to cut them all down again this comming weekend. I have some marigolds budding in a pot out front pretty near to the mailbox. Might keep bugs from buggin the mail man for the split second that he is here??:toothy:

I am excited to have gotten a free knife set for sitting listening to a sales pitch for a vacuum that we didn't buy. And got my carpet vac'd too while she was here demonstrating. :toothy: Dh had already gotten suckered into a vac by another door to door sales person a year ago,:rolleyes:, so we wern't about to buy this one!!

Also, I got dishes and some laundry done. Need to get up and fold , fold, fold here soon. And get another load in the machines.

Well, that's about it from this Colorado Homestead! Hope everone is doing great today!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Today is HOT HOT HOT again, but not as hot as last week! :sun: Today I had to turn down a call into work, I didn't have a vehicle or a babysitter.

I spent most of the day washing and preparing our old minivan for sale. It's up on the parking lot now (we have a lot next to our house at a busy intersection :) ) I'm waiting for that first phone call! :thumb: :dollar:

I made dinner and it is not my turn for dishes! :yippee:

Tonight is a VBS meeting, the last one before we have VBS next week. I'm not going to stay long. SIL would stay till midnight! Not me.....

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good afternoon - its Wednesday already. We've gone through one thunderstorm and some rain, and they've said some severe weather is heading our way this afternoon yet. We had tornado watches last night, but nothing came of that. We've had some really wierd weather of late.

Today I was out digging the new flowerbed before the storm started so had to stop that. I may go back out later and try to get it finished. I also weeded the few weeds in the flowerbed while it was thundering. I love thunder, so it doesn't bother me to be outside while its thundering. Its the lightening I don't like.

I'm going to be doing a bit of decluttering today in the boys room. I'm not sure how much I'll get done yet because its hot and muggy here, will see.

I'm also wanting to change a shelf in the kitchen, so I need to make some room for the few cookbooks I have.

Thats the buzz on my little homestead.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I did some decluttering today. And walked from my house to the bank to make a deposit to DH's account. It was a hard, hot walk, 97 degrees here! With a 20 lb stroller filled with a 35 lb DS and a 20 lb DD. I need to look into some small, clamp on, battery powered fans for the stroller!! But were back from that and trying to enjoy some cool air. I have done some laundry, still need to fold, did some dishes, and that's about it for today at my homestead.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I spent all day fooling around with the motor vehicle agency. The first one I went to, the computers were down. AAARRRGGGHH!

So I trekked to Salem-about a 45 minute drive from where I was. I got there and after I turned in my paperwork, I kid you not, it was 2 hours almost to the minute when they finally called my name. I had left DD's home watching the baby all of this time. I had my mom as a back up in case they had a problem, but SHEESH! That is my most hated task on the face of this earth is going to motor vehicle. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I came home and the baby was asleep, so I went to the grocery store for a quick mystery shop and picked up a few things. I'm doing the poverty challenge, but since the holiday is Friday, I wanted to make sure I had cookout type stuff in the house. I only spent $41.00, but that will do me for a while.

It was my night to do dishes, so the kitchen is cleaned up and Courtney is sitting here making a mess of her toys. She is happy as a clam.

My flowers are drying up from lack of rain, can you believe it, but I'm so busy I can't get out there to water them. It's supposed to rain tonight.

That's the buzz from my homestead today. Boy am I pooped!:toothy:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
It was another very hot day here. No rain, no wind, just heat! I keep debating on wether I want to take the boys to the 4th of July parade and sit in that heat.:(

I finally started painting my bedroom today. It looks so different and so much better. I really like it. The boys all pitched in and helped with it. I still like some, but it shouldn't take very long tomorrow finishing it up. Then I told Richard we will start on his room. We are going to redo his walls in red and pull up the carpet and put down some black marble tile. I am going to use some of the tiles to go around the wall as a border....laying them as diamonds next to each other. I hope that will look ok. I may change as I go.:confused: That is what he wants anyway.

Dakota will be going to the dentist in the morning to have 1/2 of the $1055 worth of work done. I still can't believe I am paying this much for dental work, but it has to be done. He is suppose to drink this liquid to make him drowsy. I hope it goes well.

Well, that is all that's happening on our little homestead.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its Thursday - good morning everyone. As usual, I slept in again this morning. Its wonderful to have summer, when you don't have to get up early to do school, etc. The days are relaxing and sorta sleepy like!!

Today I need to get a load of dark clothes washed and hung outside to dry. Hopefully the weather will stay like it is right now, warm and sunny. We've had a number of electrical storms of late, so its pretty "iffy" whenever I hang clothes outside.

I need to cut up some rhubarb dh brought home from work yesterday and then make another bath of strawberry/rhubarb jam. I probably will do that the beginning of next week, because its suppose to be much cooler.

IF it doesn't get too hot this afternoon, I'll get out and dig up the rest of the new flowerbed. I have a vine of some sort in there that I have to get all the roots out or else it will continue to come up. Apparently its very hard to get rid of and its ugly. I also noticed that I have a yellow tiget lily that has opened up this morning and its beautiful. My daisies are also in full bloom and oh so pretty.

Later this evening, once its cooler, I also need to mow the lawn again.

Thats the buzz on our homestead.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Well, whats going on on my homestead today? Hmmm, not much really. Last night I got an order placed so that is don't, got the paperwork for this order put together and finished up this morning. Now all I gotta do is wait for the order to be delivered.

Last evening, our neighbors asked if DS would come play with their DD. She had just gotten a new outdoor playset. So we did that for a little bit.

We are hiding out inside today, it is already 94 degrees. But I have puttered around the house some. I did another load of laundry, dishes. And I have picked up some. I want to do some decluttering in my craft closet as well as my bedroom today.

I do plan on getting lots done, but I may have to wait until it isn't so hot.

How's everyone else doing??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts