Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought we could have a fun jell-o thread for recipes made with jell-o.

Here's one to start-
Jell-O Magic Milkshakes

1 pkg (4-serving size) Jell-O gelatin
1 cup milk
1 pint softened vanilla ice cream

Pour 1 cup of milk into blender, add Jell-O. Cover and blend 30 seconds. Add softened ice cream and blend 1 minute longer.

next...

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Here's a unique one...... I didn't say good, I SAID UNIQUE......

Molded Garden Jell-O Salad

1 package (3-ounce) lime Jello
1 package (3-ounce) lemon Jell-O
2 cups boiling water
1 1/2 cups cold water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 cup finely chopped cucumber
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
lettuce
Dissolve lime and lemon gelatins or Jello in 2 cups boiling water. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water, lemon juice, and horseradish. chill until partially set. Fold in vegetables. Pour Jello salad mixture into a 5 1/2-cup ring mold. Chill Jello salad until set. Arrange lettuce on a serving plate; unmold Jello salad onto lettuce. Serve Jello salad with mayonnaise. Jello salad serves 8.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Sounds like my Mom will like that one Lori! :laugh:

·
27,948 Posts
I don't have a recipe to share but this thread made me smile. When my dd was in 3rd grade I was a homeroom Mom with another Mom. Not that I am any special kind of cook but she used to make fun of me for all the cookbooks I had on a small bookshelf in my kitchen. One day I was at her house getting ready for some school party stuff and noticed the only cookbook she had was a jello cookbook. Lol, I will always remember practically busting a gut over that. Still makes me smile.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Dee, Robin would like that too........ Crunchy jello with veggies , that's her thing !!!!!!!!! LOL
Enjoy Ladies ........ LOL

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
For you party animals ..............................

Super Jello Shots

1 package or sugar free jello any flavor
2 Cups boiling water
2 Cups alcohol your choice

To make Fancy Jello Shots, put the alcohol in the freezer ahead of time
to let it get nice and cold. Make the jello as directed on the package
using the boiling water, etc. Substitute the chilled alcohol for the cold water in the recipe.
Use different flavors and alcohols to create drinks with the jello-shots. Lime jello
& tequila(Margarita), orange jello and vodka(Screwdriver), strawberry
jello and rum(Daquiri),etc...Hint use 2oz. plastic souffle cups to make the
jello shots in(available at any party store cheap). They work best.
For easier serving place them on a tray in the fridge. Bring out when ready to serve.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dear Sweetie DeeDee.......SHUT_UP!!!!! :toothy: Love Mom
i love my JELLO SALAD!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Oh-Oh.....just thought of something Deed....You decided you needed to eat HEALTHY. Well now..................I've got just the veggie-jello salad for you........Open Wide :toothy:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Come on now "Sweetie Dee Dee", Eat your crunchy jello......

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Oh :yucky: !!!

The thing is, it has to be green crunchy jello and Mom puts mayonaise on it!!! :puke:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Mayo on Jello? :eek: LOL

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can eat it with a nice plastic spork. Yummm.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Elegant Raspberry Chocolate Pie
Jell-o Easy Entertaining

1 packages (4-serving size) Raspberry Jello
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 package chocolate crumb crust
3 tablespoons margarine
2 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Cool Whip, thawed (optional)
Raspberries (optional)

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Spoon in ice cream. Stirring until melted and smooth. Chill until slightly thickened, about 10 mintues. Pour into crust. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.

Melt margarine with chocolate; cool. Spread over pie. For ease in serving, let pie stand 5 minutes after spreading on chocolate. With knife, lightly score pie into serving-size pieces. Chill unti until chocolate mixture hardens. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries. Makes 8 servings.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Cherry Gelatin Squares
Plan ahead…needs to chill

2 6oz cherry Jell-O
3 cups boiling water
2 cans cherry pie filling
2 ½ cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
cool whip

In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pie filling. Mix well. Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam). Pour into a pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Top with Cool Whip.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Okay, this version is the one that my dad used to ask me to make for him when I was a little kid

Lime jello
prepare as directed in a 13x9 cake pan, then grate peeled carrots into it.

When he got old and was very ill, and couldn't eat or hold much down, one day I said how about some of that Liem jello with carrots in it like u sed to love when I was little. He said he## no! I hate that stuff I just told you to make it to keep you outta my hair :yikes:

I still love this stuff, and yes it is crunchy.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sparkling Jello Gulps

1 package cherry Jello
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pint rainbow sherbet
1 part sparkling cider
1 part ginger ale
cherry pop rocks for the rim of the glass

Make the Jello according to package instructions, adding baking soda and pour into a 9 inch square baking dish to cool. When firm, cut the Jello into 3/4 inch cubes and put in the bottom of a tall festive glass. Add a small scoop of sherbet to each one. Top each one off with sparkling cider and ginger ale, then sprinkle cherry pop rocks on the rim of the glass and serve immediately. Makes 12 Gulps.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Jello Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 3 ounce package red Jello
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together sugar, butter, Jello, eggs and vanilla. Add salt, flour and baking powder; mix till well combined. Form into small balls and flatten on cookie sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sparkling Dessert

1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 8 serving size package Jello Sparkling White Grape Flavor Gelatin
2 1/2 cups cold seltzer or club soda
1 cup sliced strawberries

Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold seltzer. Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Measure 1 cup thickened gelatin into medium bowl; set aside. Stir strawberries into remaining gelatin. Spoon into champagne glasses or dessert dishes. Beat reserved gelatin with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and about double in volume. Spoon over gelatin with strawberries in glasses. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts