Frugal Village Forums banner

The kid loves spices - who would have thought?

537 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pollypurebred39 
#1 ·
My pickiest eater is my youngest. Been picky from the day she was born. Yes, she would stop breastfeeding give you a "What??" look if you had eaten anything strange recently.

She drowns all her food in ranch dressing.

So we gave up trying to please her and make the food the way we like as adults. Meaning lots of different flavors and spices.

Example this weekend tuna salad sandwich was not just tuna and mayo maybe a bit of mustard - it was tuna, mayo, good mustard, fresh chopped celery, fresh chopped onion, parsley, dill, and cayenne. Not only did she not turn up her nose at it she went back for second sandwich complementing up and down about what a wonderful tuna sandwich it was.

There are several more examples too. Of us adding several different spices and her loving the meal.

Who knew she loved spices? :)

#3 ·
oh yeah! you can say that again. Hubby and I are so excited to making really good tasting food. She seems to be really enjoying it too. I say this is an happy discovery for all in the family.

I organized my spice shelf in the cupboard for ease of use too.

#4 ·
Imagine, that's pretty awesome. I think I'd be doing a happy dance too. Your tuna salad sounds awesome!

#5 ·
Oh it was so awesome! The whole family were happy campers that day. Bonus they were so happy with the tuna salad sandwich they practically ignored the bag of chips I bought to go with it.

#6 ·
:) Now that's a good sandwich Imagine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.