Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just walked up to get the mail today and there was a letter in the mail from my "nice" neighbour. Notice I put "nice" in quotations.

This is the lady that I check on daily to make sure she is okay, the lady I've driven around to the city many times (she has no car), have taken her to doctor's appointments when she needed to go, picked up her medicine when she couldn't. I've taken over a few things Bob has made especially for her and I've listened to her rant when she felt like it. She is on her own and rents the house she lives in. I've helped her write letters when shes asked.

In this letter she tells me she is moving, I have no time for her and why should she go on living there!!!!! I just came back from there and asked her "what is this all about?" She said, "why should I stay here, you have your family and have no time for me".

I finally had to just walk away. UGH I feel like screaming, but this too shall pass.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so sorry this has happened to you CJ. You have done what you can and have been more than helpful and courteous. She said one thing that really stood out and is exactly right "you have your family". Your family comes first. It is sad that she doesn't have anyone else to help her (or does she) but I sometimes get a little upset when people "expect" so much of others and don't really know what goes on and the duties you perform for the needs of your own family.

Know that you have done what you could. {{{HUGS}}}

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:hugz: :hugz: and more :hugz: C.J.

Yes ~ 'This too shall pass' ;)

I'm so sorry this has happened to you of all people BUT she is obviously very lonely and sad and we always pick on those closest to us when we are hurting.

You have been a good friend and in her heart she will know that.

She is crying out for attention ~ but we can only give what we have. It is sad for both of you :(

I forget exactly how it goes or where to find it but something like ~ 'What you do for the least of these little ones, you do also unto ME' (Is that it?)

Keep the faith C.J. - I'm thinking of you.

Oh BTW did I say .................... :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm so sorry CJ, that you recieved such a letter. It must have hurt you alot. Some people never appreciate what we do for them. Sometimes they think it is *due* to them. You are a great woman. Your neighbour doesn't see this. I wish I was your neighbour.:heartsm: :hugz:

Lucie:)

·
27,948 Posts
She sounds lonely. She is going to have to have to find something that gives her meaning in her life. Nobody can give her that she has to find that on her own.
Please don't second guess yourself you are & have been a wonderful neighbor who has her priorities right where they should be. Hug to you:hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: CJ,
Please don't upset yourself over this. She is a very lonely and bitter woman just lashing out at whomever is closest. Pray for her and let it go.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Sis there is nothing you can do to keep her happy. If she was your kin, then maybe you could take care of her more. However it seems to me she needs more attention than you have time for.
Why must you go to her home, can't she come to yours and perhaps find ways to help you?
The road goes both ways, is what my brother says.
Good luck with it, she is trying to make you responsible for her desire to move and its in no way your problem!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Ughh! I would be really upset, too. Don't let it get to you, though. She's very bitter about something. And, is jealous of your family life, it seems. Hugs, cj.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I definitely would be offended by that letter- especially when you have gone out of your way for her more times than you can possibly count.

Does she have any family around? Maybe she's feeling so down about herself because she sees you and your family and she seems to have no family around to help her.

At any rate, you've been a wonderful friend to her, and there's really not too much more you really can do for her. I feel bad for her, but there's only so much you can do for her. She was probably just venting her frustrations about being alone and probably won't move. Hugs to you... I wish I had you for a neighbor...

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
{{hugs}} CJ. You have been a good neighbor and freind. I agree she sounds lonely and a little jealous. I know this may sound mean, but it is probably a good thing that she is moving. Hopefully she will move somewhere where there is someone who can take care of her more that doesn't have family responsibilities. The only thing you can do now is continue to pray for her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts