Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read this book?Amazon.com: The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse (9789870563457): Fernando Ferfal Aguirre: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@51j9wqdPomL

I was on board with prepping to a certain extent and then I read this book and realized just how bad things could get if our economy gets any worse....

It's a good read ~ even if you aren't interesting in prepping, just to understand the mind set of the desperate.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have not read his book, but have read Ferfal's blog off and on. The best, recent book I have read on prepping has been Wendy Brown's book. Amazon.com: Surviving the Apocalypse in the Suburbs: The Thrivalist's Guide to Life Without Oil (9780865716810): Wendy Brown: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@51orkn3c-4L
It is practical, and considers many different reasons why one should prep along with pros & cons of different ways to prep.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
No..I didn't read the book. I read the survivalist boards instead.

btw...WELCOME BACK JAMAUK!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I would give you both a big thanks if the buttons weren't MIA ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've read FerFAL's blog for ages but have never bought the book - the blog is full of good information but I take it with a grain of salt as well. Here in Greece things are approaching desperate but there is no violence or anything of the kind - I suppose he would say that it just hasn't happened YET... to each their own but I do enjoy his blog.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've read FerFAL's blog for ages but have never bought the book - the blog is full of good information but I take it with a grain of salt as well. Here in Greece things are approaching desperate but there is no violence or anything of the kind - I suppose he would say that it just hasn't happened YET... to each their own but I do enjoy his blog.
I always approach these types of things (well, everything actually) with a "take what you need and leave the rest" kind of attitude :)

I haven't read much of his blog, but my husband said the book is a lot of the same information, just organized a little better. He also posts quite frequently on the web page that I linked to above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts